Chapter 4 : Dr. Beatrice - Part 3

Beatrice : "They never hesitated to approach me acting all 'friendly', whenever they needed someone to do their homework though- I was so willing to help, but it was so unfair to understand that, in their eyes, I was more interesting as a problem-solving machine rather than a human being! That's why I kind of resented myself for a while, and ended up choosing isolation for a while, although I craved friendship more than anything else in the world. 

The only thing that made it kind of easier for me, was my fast leveling up. They couldn't even grasp the situation. That didn't stop them from calling me names like : 'genius', 'weirdo', ' teachers' pet ', 'alien', 'the nightmare' - and of course words traveled quick, so I was recognized before I set a foot in my new class.

The teachers didn't spare any effort to 'protect' me, but maybe this, along with their over care, were some of the reasons that made the students incapable of liking me. I don't know. In any case, this was very tough for a seven-year-old.

That's how I finally understood mom's concern, who used to wipe away my tears every night on my first year. She said that the world wasn't ready yet for someone like me. She was so right! What in the world is the use of brain's age or intelligence in the absence of real life experience?

On the first level 'Observation & Discovery' for example; we get to learn about the different medical fields, then our exam is done, once a year, under the influence of hypnosis. Through studying our brain activity and exploring our unconscious, the teachers identified the field we actually care about most. 

The point of this level is the stabilization of the exam's result at one speciality or many strongly related ones.

///explanation: choosing one field or many that are strongly related to each other is a condition in medical school as they don't allow the study of completely unrelated ones together because each would need a full concentration and dedication for a more perfect learning.///

If this condition is met, we are considered ready to level-up, or else we'll have to wait until next year for a re-examination to determine our goal. Statistically speaking, on the average, students tend to find theirs by the third. Which means that they would spend at least three years doing that. But for me, again, that wasn't a burden because I had my goal set in my heart, from the very beginning, since what had happened to my uncle and his wife.

When I discovered the capability of our brains to affect health through cell programing, I tried connecting just about everything to it. That's when my teachers observed how inclined I was towards the field which specializes in neurology, and my interest in medication that affects it. For this reason mainly, they paid more attention to me to guide me towards my suitable path. It went on for a year, to the point where they've correctly guessed my exam's result long before I had it. So, after the hypnosis session, they unanimously agreed that I was ready for 'level 2- aka Applied Specialization'.

Needless to say, I've never had to re-do that exam like the others. Not even once. Considering that some of the students may need more than three years, well uh- *Estelle gasped* yeah! You get it now? *Estelle nodded* What's mind-blowing is that I've accomplished this at the age of eight, and according to my old agreement with mom, I already had permission to move out to study at the other city's school.

As for my level 2 's schedule, the analysis week was like so:

= in the mornings, I used to study three different cases at the medicine university's hospital.

= in the afternoons, I pursued my learning at the lab where all the medicinal drugs were made.

= in every weekend, I had to report in detail all the things I've mastered.

During each month, I had two weeks of analysis, and two of application, in which I applied what I've learned in the previous one under the close supervision of an experienced doctor. To put things in order, it was a week of application after a week of analysis, then another one of analysis and so on. 

The funny thing about my experience though, was the fact that I literally needed my anti-gravity shoes, to reach the patients' bed's height, and watch the doctors work. I made it look so normal, that everyone else entirely adopted my vision. Soon enough, no one even remembered to think about how young or short I was. We really can make anyone see us the way we want if we simply believe it, and act with confidence. *Estelle raised her thumbs up agreeing with her bestie* The pediatric patients adored my 'flying shoes'. So, I decided to surprise them, one day, with similar pairs to distract them from their illnesses. And it worked! You have no idea how happy they were! Ah! How I loved that day, when happiness has gotten wings!

I spent on the second level the longest time: four years and a half. And when I've passed my level's two exams, I earned the 'assistant' title, at twelve and a half years old."

Amazed, Estelle applauded her with enthusiasm saying: "You did all of that when you were still a child yourself! Seriously bravo! Wait- TWO exams? Why?" 

-Beatrice : "I'll tell you everything, just be patient- *Estelle nodded* As I've told you before, I used to study both at the hospital's university AND laboratory, at the same time. So, I was unknowingly tested for both, to react normally without unnecessary additional stress.  

That week in the hospital, the doctors who supervised me, were consulting me for complicated cases, more than usual, leaving the diagnosis 'up to me', sometimes assigning to me the mission of showing the new students around the hospital and introducing them to its different departments, and many more tasks, in which the way I handle everything was evaluated. In the lab though, I was either made to do few experiments totally on my own, or assess/correct some of the existing chemical equations and guess their result's reaction on the human brain if they're left in their initial state and all. Anyway, by the end of the week, they announced my successful qualification to the next and final level, saying that I was acting very much like an experimented doctor. Undoubtedly, I was over the moon!"

///END OF THE PART///

Beatrice's story may seem long for now, but it is necessary to understand everything. Next part is where it gets REALLY interesting.. What do you think will happen to beatrice on the third and final level? Will she succeed?

I hope you enjoyed reading this part. Stay tuned! I will see you tomorrow. Don't forget, vote with the little star and share your opinion with me in the comments. Have a nice day! ^_^ ~Faty.B