Chapter 2 : The only witness - Part 5

During those events, Estelle felt a strange heartache, as if she knew something bad was happening. She turned to Beatrice for support, only to find her in desperate need of it herself. 

Beatrice was stunned, looking like a frozen statuette gasping for air, completely speechless. So, to catch the shocked girl's attention, Estelle waved her hand before her eyes, but that was in vain, and that got her even more worried. Her mind set on getting her best friend off that trance-like state, she was ready to attempt anything. Luckily, that wasn't necessary, because the moment she shook her by the shoulders, and whispered in her ear: "Heeey, Bea! Are you okay?", she finally reacted.

 Luckily, that wasn't necessary, because the moment she shook her by the shoulders, and whispered in her ear: "Heeey, Bea! Are you okay?", she finally reacted

Beatrice difficultly rose her shaking forefinger to point at what she was looking at, before forcing some words out: " Lumos ... in danger... the weird dude ... gone!".

Estelle tried to find clues to solve the riddle by following the finger's direction, which led her to notice the incident that was discretely being wrapped up in a dark hidden corner down the stage. Her heart skipped a beat, as she choked in disbelief: Lumos was laying on the floor unconscious while few staff members were trying to help him without drawing the attendees' attention. And before she could ask her best friend about anything, a certain -Jason beat her to it, and directly approached her, wasting no time: "Dr. Beatrice, you're Lumos's personal doctor, correct? We need your help ASAP! Like right now!"

Beatrice slowly nodded, and Estelle of course wasn't expecting that answer at all. "She is still in-shock", she thought to herself, waiting for her to change it, but that didn't happen. So, she stared at her with very wide open eyes, whispering in her ear: "Uhm.. Bea?! What are you doing? Are you crazy?", but instead of apologizing, she half-smiled.

" Wait a sec- he actually knows your name! YOU- a doctor? How? I mean, Come on! We've JUST graduated TOGETHER from engineering school. Is that even possible? ", remarked Estelle. But no one was left there to answer her questions, as Jason had already rushed her friend backstage, gently pulling her by the hand right in front of the astonished girl.

Somehow, the show ended smoothly, and nobody else discovered the recent events concerning Lumos.

Milvus though, won't be missed, but his disappearance will definitely bring trouble.

Later, backstage:

One of Lumos's assistants - Jacob, received Beatrice very gratefully: "AH! Dr. Beatrice, THANK GOD you're here! Look.. we did EVERYTHING you said, but he didn't wake up! What should we do now?"

Beatrice was indeed still in-shock after witnessing such a terrible a scene, but she managed to get a hold of herself, and stepped closer to Lumos. The first things she saw were the remaining parasites from the dark magic that had previously left his body. And those parasites were feasting on his energy, then giving off a dim purple glow.

She asked the staff who were watching her, about the glow, but all of them could only think of one reply: "A purple glow you say? Do you mean Lumos's shiny socks?", and that's when the young doctor understood that she was the only real witness.

She chose not to tell a soul because she assumed that none of the present people was going to believe her! So, if she was the only person who could see that glow, it also meant that the key to saving him was in her hands -alone! What a pressure!

The young doctor helplessly looked at her comatose friend wishing from the bottom of her heart to find a way to rescue him from that pitiful state. And thanks to that strong pure wish, her hands moved without command, towards the dim light!

And the second they touched his chest, a hollow opened in her right palm, which started sucking in the parasites, making a powerful whirlpool that shone with bright white light. It was too powerful that it almost pushed her hand away. She was on the verge of giving in, when she noticed that Lumos was recovering his natural color bit by bit, the more the parasites were removed. This gave her strength to resist the power, and keep going. So, she firmly supported her hand with the other one, to complete her mission. 

What was even more extraordinary was that nobody detected this - or almost nobody..

Lumos's eyelids fluttered, and slowly opened up, catching a faint glimpse of the colorful lights in his friend's palm, the moment she was done. But he was too weak to remember those: "Beatrice? *everyone in the room sighed, relieved* What happened to me?"

Nervous, she quickly made up a convenient answer: "E- exhaustion! You fainted, because you were exhausted! How many times should I tell you not to train for more than 8 hours a day?" 

His personal manager -Jason , feeling a little embarrassed chose to address his astonishment first: "Dr. Beatrice- but you- but you've barely touched him and he woke up right away! Shouldn't you do a diagnosis or something first? Ugh! I promise we didn't mean to waste your time and..."

Beatrice cut in, surprised, when she realized what he said: " 'Barely' you said? Are you for real? I think that I've just spent an hour or so here-"

- Jason : "AN HOUR? You must be joking!  An hour-  As in 60minutes? *He looked at her skeptically, so she faked a smile. It looked so natural that he believed it, and clapped his hands relieved* Yup! She WAS messing with me indeed!"

That's when she truly grasped the situation and muttered to herself: "Our family's different huh? I wonder if that's what my sister meant before.", then quickly answered Jason : " Anyway, there's no need for apologies. We all care about Lumos's well-being and thankfully he's alright now, which is good. I- I've been monitoring him lately and advised him to rest, but our stubborn kid just wouldn't listen!", winking at her friend.

- Lumos ran his hand through his silky blond hair, and thanked her smiling : " Ah! What would I do without my Bea? "

///END OF THE PART///

I hope you enjoyed reading this part, if you think that Beatrice's three secrets were interesting (magic, doctor, friendship with the idol), I assure you that more crucial and mind-blowing things are yet to come. Stay tuned! I will see you tomorrow. Don't forget, vote with the little star and share your opinion with me in the comments. Have a nice day! ^_^ ~Faty.B