Chapter 1: A crime in the dock : New life - Part 4

/// From this part onward , we will get to discover the main characters' minds sometimes, it will start with 'Narrator character_name' and end with an underscore ' _ ' .If after the underscore no one is mentioned to be the narrator then it's the writer aka : myself haha x) Enjoy the ride! ///

Narrator Estelle :

Beatrice often is a very quiet person who prefers listening to me express myself rather than talking herself. But whenever she puts this serious look of hers on, and opens her mouth, I'm in heaven! What I mean is that I find myself lost in the magically wide field of her insanely logical ideas. That's why I use ruses to make her speak her actual amazing inner thoughts. In the end, I would be just like that ant, who wanted to taste honey, then found herself trapped in it, with no way out, but its tastiness was worth all the trouble.

Yes, that's my best friend; the odd but adorable combination of a popular, very energetic personality and also a taciturn one. Sure. But whenever she starts a discussion, or defends something that matters to her, it's very unlikely of her to stop talking, because her arguments are endless.

That's the beautiful blue-eyed Beatrice, with the model-like body and brown silky wavy hair that has a light bronze reflection under sunlight.

I nickname her 'genius' as she's quick-witted, and a great observer

I nickname her 'genius' as she's quick-witted, and a great observer. She's also an above average quick-learner with an immeasurable imagination. So, needless to say that her inventions are the most creative ones. In short, she's so clever and I love it!

I've always had the misconception that the scientists in her level of intellect don't care about what 'normal' people usually like, and that their noses should always be buried in books.. But- No! This girl is just so full of surprises that she's totally made me change my mind regarding the matter. Sometimes, people around her can easily forget how actually intelligent she is.

Honestly, she truly is the best person I've met after the accident. Since I had opened my eyes in that hospital two years ago, I couldn't recall the sense of happiness, until our paths had crossed later at school.

Looking at her always makes me feel strong and at ease. She's the sister I don't think I've ever had.

Ah! If only I could remember who my mother is.. and my dad too! I keep longing to my family the whole time, but I think that's weird- How can one long to things they can't exactly uh- remember?

I wonder how my life was like- I mean before the assault and all. Did I even have any siblings? If so, I'd like to know how close we were-

Who is the guy that keeps calling my name every night in my dreams? I hope he's real, and more importantly, ALIVE!

Will I even live long enough to get the answers to any of these questions at all? Hmm- No one can know the response to THAT one though!

Now I can put up with that torment thanks to Bea ; my amazing bestie who granted me a new hope:

Two years ago, when she discovered that I had lost my memories, and felt how desperate I was to recover them, she volunteered to help me find out my true identity. She said she had a plan, but never agreed to share its details. I truly believe she can solve this messy puzzle though. Honestly if anyone is even able to, it should be her!

To do so, Beatrice asked me to tell her what I see in my dreams. Not only that, but also every tiny little detail I could think of about my past. The last part was 'easy', as I can't remember much anyway.

Hmm- I hope I won't be disappointed in the end!

The best decision I've made so far is probably leaving my aunt- Angela's home. Although, she took care of me with no complaints, deep down, I knew she never loved me! She was neither warm nor cold. She never hugged me once. And if I tried to, she would scold me to death. But she also never used me like the evil women did in fairy tales!

Angela tolerated me for the sake of duty apparently. Not for a moment had I felt otherwise. On one hand, he claimed I was the sole remaining relative she had, and that she traveled a lot for work purposes only. On the other hand, I've noticed how nervous the woman became every time she received a call, she also never answered when I was seen around!

The suspicion had me going crazy, so I once decided to spy on her call, and guess what? The caller was her DAUGHTER! And when she activated the holographic technology in her phone, I, sneakily, could finally catch a glimpse of my blond cousin with my own eyes. I clearly heard her calling her "Mom!" repeatedly.

I've always wanted to know the reason why she loathed me, and needed to conceal everything that concerns her life from me. But, that stayed a mystery just like many others. I was still her own sister's daughter, for God's sake! What? Does her 'secret' family not want me around or something? Hmpff-

Aunt Angela usually left me home alone for a week, then came back to check on me, a whole twenty-four hours. After that, she'd completely disappear again for 'work', and so on. I bet she went to her real home to her own daughter.

Now that I mention this weird thing, I'm guessing that I didn't insist enough to solve its enigma, even though it really meant like- a GREAT deal to me! Haha! I reacted nonchalantly when I HAD to put massive efforts to investigate.

///END OF THE PART///

I hope you enjoyed reading this part, more interesting things are yet to come. Stay tuned! I will see you next weekend. Don't forget, vote with the little star and share your opinion with me in the comments. Have a great week! ^_^ ~Faty.B