Chapter 3 : Estelle, remember! - Part 4

"...

He closed his eyes trying to concentrate, then slowly opened one before the other, afraid to see what he'd rather not, before slapping his own forehead in exasperation saying : 'Ugh! She's still here!'

He seriously thought I was the fruit of his imagination, and that I would disappear if he wanted it to happen. Huh! So, I started nagging: 'Calm down! You haven't lost control over your dream- yet! And if my being around upsets you, I'll go somewhere else! FYI, the one who was about to lose control here, was ME!', then said between my teeth: 'of all the places, you HAD to pick this one! GAH!'

My words had a quick calming effect on him, he smiled, and replied: "Nah! It's not like that. I apologize. I admit that my behavior wasn't exactly proper, whether you actually are the fruit of my imagination or- uh what you said. The thing is that I kinda got used to doing whatever I wanted in this dream, until I met you. That was frustrating. So, I simply couldn't accept it easily. By the way, you were saying? Haha!'

I apologized as well : 'Hm- Okay. And I'm sorry for almost thinking you were an idiot!', He coughed in chock, and his eyes widened, but didn't say a word. So, I continued: 'I thought that you couldn't accept odd truths'.

-The stranger: 'Ahem! It's fine, but you should know that the definition of the truth itself is relative, which means that-'

-I completed his words instinctively: 'It could be different from one to another.'

-He continued amazed: 'Yes, yes! That's why you should understand that what you consider to be a 'fact' may not be one for me!'

That was really accurate! So accurate, that all my being was urging me to ask him, like ask, ask away!  And ultimately, I did: 'That's quite impressive, you've reminded me of the first course in- wait a sec, do you attend the classes organized by the Philosophy Club?'

-He answered in a sad nostalgic tone: 'Oh.. Yeah. As a matter of a fact, I've only been to one in that Engineering Inclination School, right before I was transferred-' 

-I asked him: 'Really? Transferred where?'

-The stranger: 'In short, in the past I've had joined the Engineering Inclination School to fulfill my father's dying wish: He was an engineer who wanted me to be like him.. So, somehow I could trick them on the test about being truly interested in that career and I was accepted. Things were going great, until I was discovered when I was secretly painting on the school's wall. That's why they retested me and according to the new result, I was directly sent to the Art Inclination School."

'How were you discovered though?'

"

Suddenly Estelle felt a terrible headache that made her stop her narration..

-Estelle : "Ayyy! My head! Ah! It hurts.."

-Beatrice jumped to the rescue, worried: " Estelle? My dear, what happened to you?"

-Estelle :" The thread of thoughts was cut all of a sudden! I can't remember more! It's like I've reached a dead end. *She pressed her head hard, then extended her free hand to take the calming pill* But I feel deep sadness, I don't know why?"

-Beatrice putting away her notebook: "Ah! I see what you mean! OMG! Your face has gotten pale bestie! Don't be sad, and try to relax for now! You will tell me the rest tomorrow, if you can remember more. Or you know what? Let's go out and get some fresh air, it'll definitely be good for you!"

}

///that's the end of the flashback///

Narrator Estelle :

-Beatrice : "Ha, did you remember?"

Remember what?

I asked her: "Which part exactly?"

-Raneem: "The part that concerns- ME!"

"HUH?"

Beatrice firmly grabbed my shoulders, looked deep into my eyes, full of hope : "Please! Focus on her face now!"

I instantly did as she said, and my cup of tea dropped to the floor, shattering to thousands of pieces, when I finally recognized her: "Raneem! You were the friend that witnessed my first successful astral projection ever! Right?"

Raneem's face lit up with a bright big smile as she hugged me tightly: "In the flesh, my friend!"

"wOAH! Wait! That means that you knew me when I was fourteen years old?"

Raneem nodded.

What? Isn't she supposed to be Beatrice's friend? What's happening?

"But Bea?"

-Beatrice: "Indeed, she was YOUR friend! But you've disappeared when the accident occurred, so she never knew where to find you anymore. And as I was looking through the archives in the hospital I used to work at before, I found information about the research she did years ago. That's how I could link the memory you told me about, to her. I found Raneem recently, and she didn't hesitate once to come to you."

-Raneem: "Just so you know, I was rather upset 'cause you just vanished out of the blue, but when Beatrice explained to me what had happened to you, I came running!"

-I eagerly held her hands: "That's wonderful! Since you knew me before the accident, you must know who my family is! Right?"

  -Raneem: "Of course. But I'll leave that to Beatrice..*She hugged me tightly again and left in the blink of an eye* Bye!"

"Huh! She's really gone! So, that was the main point of the 'session'! What were all the preparations for then? I'm confused!"

-Beatrice : "We were trying to put you in a familiar situation to hopefully trigger your memory! It worked this time apparently, last time tough-"

"Huh?"

-Beatrice: "Anyways, in short, that was the only safe approach that would guarantee the possibility of 'acting as if nothing had happened' so you won't get hurt you and-"

"I still don't understand why all of these complications were necessary! Had you told me straight away, it would have been much easier, don't you agree? *she shook her head* Besides, what on earth does 'act as if nothing had happened' mean? Let's say that I didn't recognize her on my own, would you have kept her identity a secret from me too?"

///END OF THE PART///

Beatrice has a big secret to tell, what would it be in your opinion?

I hope you enjoyed reading this part. Stay tuned! I will see you tomorrow. Don't forget, vote with the little star and share your opinion with me in the comments. Have a nice day! ^_^ ~Faty.B