Stupid

PAST

"Can you stop staring at me and actually help me here?" Scarlett rolled her eyes.

Y/N chuckled and leaned back, "I'm good, thanks. It looks like you got everything sorted."

Y/N brought them to this cozy coffee shop, it's a twenty minute drive from their university. And for Scarlett's sanity, she's glad that they didn't have to be in the same car for twenty minutes. And she was positive that she will never ride with Y/N in her loud and annoying motorcycle.

"I'm just making some list right now, just some possible activity that we can do for the project." Scarlett said, "If you won't help me, then just stop staring at me."

"Why? Is it distracting you?" Y/N asked, smirking.

"Yes." Scarlett said, rolling her eyes.

"Why? Do you like me or something?" Y/N asked again, still smirking.

"Or something, Y/N." Scarlett said, "Stop being annoying and look away."

"What if I like what I'm looking at? What're you gonna do about it?" Y/N asked, smirking.

Scarlett's eyes widened. "What are you saying? Stop talking nonsense, Y/N. Don't bother me." She said, looking away from the girl.

Y/N chuckled, "Whatever you say, sunshine."

Scarlett looked at Y/N again, "Don't call me that." She said.

"Why not? I think it suits you." Y/N said, and chuckled.

Scarlett just rolled her eyes and didn't bother saying anything else. She went back to her task and forced herself to ignore the girl.

"I'm bored." Y/N said, watching Scarlett.

"Hi, bored. I'm Scarlett." Scarlett mumbled, while typing.

"Wow, dad jokes." Y/N chuckled. "I expected much."

Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"Damn, you like rolling your eyes, huh? It doesn't hurt your head?" Y/N asked.

"Because you're annoying me," Scarlett said, "Just do something else and stay quiet."

"I know what you need," Y/N said, "More coffee?" I'll get you some."

Scarlett just shook her head when Y/N stood up and walked towards the counter.

She went back to her task, smiling a little because there's nothing that can annoy her for a minute.

***

PRESENT

"Did you like it? The silence that comes without Y/N's presence?" Dr. Brown asked.

Scarlett sighed. "I... I did."

"But? I feel like there's a but." Dr. Brown said, smiling.

"But the more the silence lingers, the more I became aware that she wasn't there." Scarlett said.

"And how did it made you feel?" Dr. Brown asked.

"It made me feel... aware." Scarlett said, "It made me look away from my laptop to try and find her."

***

PAST

Scarlett frowned, she looked away from her laptop and didn't see Y/N across from her. That's why it's still quiet. She looks around the coffee shop until she finds Y/N. And Y/N is talking to a girl behind the counter.

She clenched her jaw.

"Is she seriously flirting while I do all the work here? She's unbelievable." Scarlett mumbled to herself.

She raised an eyebrow when the girl looked at her, followed by Y/N. She rolled her eyes at Y/N when their eyes met.

She saw Y/N chuckling. She scoffed and looked away, crossing her arms.

A minute later, Y/N came back. She carefully placed down Scarlett's coffee and a muffin. "Here you go, sunshine." She said.

"I said don't call me that," Scarlett said, glaring at Y/N. "And I don't want it. You probably flirted your way to get that for free. So, no, thank you."

Y/N laughed, "Don't be jealous, babe. She's just a friend, and I paid for that." She said.

"D-Definitely never call me that!" Scarlett stuttered, "And... in that case, I will accept this." She said and took a sip of the coffee.

Y/N smiles, chuckling softly. "You're welcome."

"Stupid." Scarlett mumbled.

Y/N just laughed.