Stay For A Bit

FEW HOURS LATER

"You're really good at acting." Y/N said, looking at Scarlett.

They just finished practicing, they still need to practice more, but it was a good start. Although there was bickering every once in awhile, they got through it.

"Thank you, that's the nicest thing you ever said to me." Scarlett said, smiling.

"I'm always nice to you, sunshine." Y/N said, chuckling.

"Yeah, right." Scarlett said, rolling her eyes. "Why do you even call me sunshine?" She asked.

Y/N smiles, "Because..."

"Because?" Scarlett asked.

"It's a secret." Y/N said, grinning. "I'll tell you some other time."

Scarlett groaned, "Whatever. I'm gonna go."

"Hey, can you just like... stay for a bit? You know, we can talk. Get to know each other." Y/N said. "If you want, of course."

Scarlett stared at Y/N. "Sure."

"Yeah?" Y/N smiles widely.

"Yeah." Scarlett chuckled and sat down properly. "What do you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Anything, really." Y/N said, smiling. "Let's see... how about we ask each other some questions? We can take turns."

"Sounds good," Scarlett smiles. "I'll start."

"Go ahead." Y/N said, smiling.

Scarlett hummed, "Why don't you have the same last name as your brother?" She asked.

"Well, we're not really blood relatives. My mom was best friends with Chad's parents. And um..." Y/N stopped, looking down at her lap.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me anything." Scarlett whispered.

Y/N looked at Scarlett, and she smiles. "It's okay. I want to." She said. "Anyway, my mom... um, died when I was ten, and my dad's in prison. And Chad's parents took me in and they took care of me. When Chad was old enough, he moved out to do his own thing and I came along with him."

"I'm so sorry about your mom." Scarlett said, she held Y/N's hand and squeezed it.

Y/N looked at their hands, smiling.

Scarlett bit her bottom lip and pulled her hand away. She cleared her throat, "So, um, what's your question for me?" She asked.

Y/N chuckled and looked at Scarlett. "Let me think..." She said and hummed. "Oh, I got one! Why do you hate me so much?" She asked and raised an eyebrow.

Scarlett didn't say anything because the truth is, she doesn't hate Y/N anymore. In fact, she thinks she never hated Y/N. She was just... annoyed. And it was far from hatred. In the past few days that she's been with Y/N, she's learned many things about the girl. And she thinks that Y/N is not that bad after all.

"Wow. So, no words can even describe your hatred for me?" Y/N asked, chuckling. "It's alri-"

"No!" Scarlett interrupted Y/N. "No. It's not like that. It's... I don't hate you." She said.

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "I think you do."

"I don't hate you, Y/N. Well, I-I thought I did but I realized that it wasn't hatred. You just... annoy me so much." Scarlett said.

Y/N laughed. "Well, shit. Alright, I'll take that."

"Okay, my turn!" Scarlett grinned. "So, you don't threaten someone to do your schoolwork?"

Y/N laugh loudly. "No!"

"What? I'm sorry but it's the only reason that I can think of!" Scarlett said, laughing as well.

"I just like to study alone, Scarlett. Here in my own comfort zone." Y/N said, and chuckled.

Scarlett giggled.

Y/N smiles, staring at Scarlett while the blonde girl giggles.

"What?" Scarlett asked.

"You're just so cute." Y/N said, smiling.

Scarlett blushed, "Stop saying nonsense."

Y/N smiles widely, "Whatever you want, sunshine."