[ merry christmas to those who celebrate! i also really love this chapter, let me know your thoughts! ]

[ (ˊᵕˋ)* ✩‧₊˚ ]

__

Hongjoong woke up with a body tangled around him.

Seonghwa was resting his head against his bare chest while his leg was resting on top of his stomach.

Seonghwa was clutching onto him like a koala.

The warmness of his body pressed against him under the blanket was suffocating.

He struggled to move him away so he could get up.

Seonghwa grunted and mumbled something as he turned away, not letting go of Hongjoong fully since he was still holding his hand in his sleep.

Hongjoong just waited, waited until he felt the grip on his hand loosen, he stared for a moment at Seonghwa's skin glowing in the small trail of sunlight coming through the curtains.

Reluctantly, he tiptoed his way out of the room, grabbing the briefs he had left on the floor and headed downstairs towards the kitchen.

He felt a little awkward rummaging through the cupboards of a house that was not his, but his stomach was complaining and he couldn't fight against that.

He was not used to cooking so he decided to just make coffee and cut some fruits he found on the counter instead of burning Seonghwa's kitchen down.

He grabbed a silver tray and placed his improvised breakfast on it, along with two glasses of orange juice he found in the fridge.

He was sure Seonghwa wouldn't mind.

Hongjoong made his way back upstairs carrying the tray with extreme care, realizing he shouldn't have poured the juice and coffee to the edge of the cups.

When he walked into the room Seonghwa was already awake, head down and playing with his fingers anxiously.

"Morning sleepyhead," Hongjoong smiled and left the tray at the end of the bed where Seonghwa's feet couldn't reach.

"Morning," Seonghwa muttered in a low whisper.

"You okay?"

Seonghwa nodded as Hongjoong crawled back into the bed, sitting right to his side, head resting on his knees, his eyes focusing on Seonghwa's brows shaping into a frown.

"You don't seem like it babe, " Hongjoong cooed, his fingers caressing the smooth skin of the blonde's cheek.

"Dunno, i was just... thinking,"

"About what?" Hongjoong inquired, he didn't like where this conversation was going.

"Will I ever wake up with you by my side or..." Seonghwa stopped mid-sentence and pierced Hongjoong's soul with a look.