十四

[ (ˊᵕˋ)* ✩‧₊˚ ]

__

By the time Hongjoong woke up the next morning the space on the bed next to him was empty, he grunted against his pillow, head spinning.

He shouldn't have drank that much, he wondered how Seonghwa had managed to leave the bed already when the closest thing to a movement he could do was throwing half of his body out of the bed so his foot touched the floor, looking for the steadiness his body wasn't giving him.

"The boys are already gone, Yunho left a note and- God Hongjoong you are a mess," Seonghwa walked towards the bed and sat next to Hongjoong, hand reaching out to pat his back.

"I'm fine, just a little hungover, nothing that a painkiller can't fix," Hongjoong didn't seem convinced with his own words but he still managed to turn his face and smile at Seonghwa, but it looked more like a grimace.

"Wait, I'm gonna bring you some water,"

Seonghwa left the room and when he walked back in he was carrying a bottle of cold water along with a white pill.

Hongjoong moved into a sitting position and swallowed the pill, and water had never felt so good, his lips were chapped but his mouth was no longer dry, the refreshing coldness of the water soothing his sore throat.

"Are you sure you wanna come?" Seonghwa asked, holding his hand, fingers intertwined, his thumb drawing circles over the skin.

"Of course, just let me take a quick shower first," Hongjoong moved away from him, leaving the ghost of a kiss on Seonghwa's forehead, he didn't want to kiss him now, Hongjoong was sure his mouth currently tasted like shit, and he felt like it too.

__

When Hongjoong walked out of the bathroom fully dressed, he felt better.

There was nothing better than a cold shower after a night of partying, well if the events of last night could even be considered as a party.

The memories of last night hit him.

What have they done?

Regardless, there were more important things to focus on right now.

He could deal with his embarrassment later, or just leave it there as if nothing had ever happened, which was the better option to him right now.

Seonghwa was waiting for him sitting on the sofa, hands clasped together, fingers playing nervously, he could feel the tension from the threshold.

He felt the urge to wrap Seonghwa against his body and protect him from everything that was bad in this world, but he knew that even though it would be hard, the only thing that could bring Seonghwa peace right now was facing his problem and overcoming it.

"You ready?" Hongjoong gave him the biggest smile that he was able to provide in a moment like this.

Seonghwa nodded and with a sigh lead the way out of the apartment and to his car.