十一

[ CW- referenced/implied abuse (nondescript) ]

[ (ˊᵕˋ)* ✩‧₊˚ ]

__

Just go.

Those two words have been running through Hongjoong's mind for the last few days.

Haunting him at night when he just couldn't bring himself to sleep, hand clutching the sheet over his chest, hugging himself.

His first thought when he woke up in the morning to an empty bed and no messages on his phone.

The first thing Hongjoong did when he arrived home that night was send Seonghwa a text.

He unlocked his phone and asked him if everything was fine.

If he was fine.

If he needed to talk.

Anything.

But there was no reply.

He couldn't help himself but to spend all day with his phone in hand, waiting and waiting, but nothing ever happened.

He ended up staying in bed all day on Sunday, doing nothing, just staring at the ceiling as if that would make him feel better.

It didn't.

He was starting to get worried.

Seonghwa wasn't the kind of person who ignored texts.

He tried to calm himself down.

Maybe his father had taken his phone.

It was weird, but it could happen.

He really tried to focus on anything but Seonghwa, but it was as difficult as trying to stop breathing.

Everything around him reminds him of Seonghwa, the drawings scattered over his desk, the memory of him walking half naked into his room with a dazzling smile on his face, even his scent seemed to have been laced into his clothes, which he hadn't changed.

It somehow soothed his anxiety, yet it somehow made him worse, knowing he was like this because of him.

He wondered if he was being too paranoid.

He wished that he was just being paranoid over nothing.

He really did.

But it all got worse when he arrived at school to find an empty seat where Seonghwa should be sitting.

He didn't know what to do.

Reluctantly, he sat in his seat and tried to act as if nothing had happened, as if there was no fear building up in his body, as if he wasn't holding his pen so tightly it may break.

He wasn't surprised when it did.

He spent the whole class checking the clock, he wanted to get out of there so badly that he was going insane, the knot in his throat making it difficult to breathe.