十八

[ (ˊᵕˋ)* ✩‧₊˚ ]

__

It's been no longer than a year since their wedding and Seonghwa and Hongjoong had already fallen into the cyclical routine of domestic life.

It wasn't bad though, not what Seonghwa had expected, because that routine was something that Seonghwa got happily used to.

It had been easy, to get used to waking up with arms tangled around his waist, pulling him closer.

It had been easy, to get used to arriving home and finding Hongjoong asleep on the sofa, body half falling off of it.

It had been easy, to get used to being startled by Hongjoong walking behind him, arms looping him into a back hug, head resting on his neck as he peered at the food Seonghwa cooked.

So easy had it been, that Seonghwa found himself sometimes staring at Hongjoong's hands, laced together on top of his lap as they watched a film, a golden ring decorating his finger.

He loved to play with it, turning it around his finger and wondering how things would have been if they weren't together.

Seonghwa preferred not to think about it.

Days and nights passed in the blink of an eye and Seonghwa didn't need anything else.

Except that he did.

There was something missing.

Something he somehow wanted, just because, but was too afraid to ask, so he just let it go until he couldn't hold back anymore.

So that's how he had found himself crunched up on the sofa, head resting on Hongjoong's lap like a pillow, the warmest and most comfortable one.

Hongjoong played with his hair, pushing it back and then forward, commenting on how Seonghwa looked prettier when his forehead was on full display.

"Do you ever think about having kids?" Seonghwa asked out of the blue.

He forced his eyes open when Hongjoong didn't answer, his hands stopping still.

Seonghwa reached his hand upward and moved it to rest on top of Hongjoong's, forcing him to keep on massaging his scalp, it was relaxing, to the point he may have fallen asleep if it weren't for that question that had been running through his mind for the past few weeks.

"Seonghwa," Hongjoong's voice sounded like a whisper, but not low enough to hide the grimace on his face and in his tone.

"You don't," Seonghwa couldn't fight back the disappointed tone in his voice.

He should have known.

Hongjoong had never liked kids, and being in love with Seonghwa wouldn't change that.

He shouldn't be disappointed, but he was.

"I just felt like asking, sorry,"

"Why?"