part 2: learning

<hope you all enjoy!>

kaiyanas pov:
i woke up to tuks head on my feet and her feet near my head, i groaned as i moved her feet away. i woke her up and reminded her that the chiefs children are going to teach us their ways. me, lo'ak, neteyam, kiri, and tuk all went to the edge of the village where we were going to meet aonung, rotxo, and tsireya. i dont know why but i felt a bit nervous, maybe it was because i was a bit scared of water ever since i almost drowned in a lake when i was five because stupid lo'ak left me to go chase some bug, but luckily neteyam saved me, thanks neteyam. but then again i could also be nervous to meet tsireya, or as i call her "ocean girl". i don't know what i feel about her, it's so confusing. i'm scared that i'm going to embarrass myself or say something stupid, mother always says that i'm too blunt and need to filter my words more, i have never been able to hide my feelings well. but whenever i see her my heart starts racing and i get tense. it's weird, hopefully i'm not that transparent.

no one's pov:
the sullys arrived at the edge meeting the others, before anyone could say anything, aonung, tsireya, and rotxo jumped in. the sullys glanced at eachother with a bit of confusion until lo'ak shrugged his shoulders and jumped in too, the others followed as they all explored the blue ocean. kaiyanas heart was racing at first since she still remembers being trapped under water back at home, but she ignored it and kept up with everyone else.

it was beautiful. the fish, the bubbles, the colors, everything was beautiful. after a few minutes the sullys needed some air as they swam to the surface, gasping for a breath. kaiyana looks under water seeing tsireya do some sort of hand movements, kaiyana motioned that she couldn't understand, but then tsireya did the motion "come on" which kaiyana understood. neteyam, lo'ak, tuk, and kaiyana took a deep breath and went back under water following the others.
aonung, tsireya, and rotxo showed the sullys around before they needed to take another breath again. the others also followed. "are you alright?" tsireya asks, kaiyana tenses hearing her voice for the first time. "you're too fast, wait for us" tuk says rubbing the water out of her eyes, "just breathe" "you are not good divers, maybe good at swinging through trees but-" aonung is interrupted as tsireya smacks him across the head. kaiyana let's out a small giggle which tsireya had noticed, while smiling a little. "come on bro" "we don't speak this finger talk, we don't know what you're saying" says neteyam, "i will teach you" tsireya replies.

"where's kiri" they all turn their heads looking around, as neteyam being the oldest, he's responsible, "okay we'll look for kiri, aonung, rotxo, you're with me, lo'ak and tuk will search where we started, and kaiyana and tsireya search around here, okay?" they all nod, as kaiyana and tsireya share a small glance before diving under water to look around.

kaiyanas pov:
what was neteyam thinking honestly, i'm sure he knew i felt weird around her, i think everyone knows at this point. whatever. i swim around with tsireya for a while until she puts out her hand as if she wants me to hold it, i reach out and grab her hand, it was so soft, like a cloud. she guides me through the rocks and corals, through the fish and tunnels. my heart was beating like crazy. i wasn't even thinking about kiri, i just wanted this moment to last forever. but unfortunately i needed to take some air so i motioned to her that i needed to go surface and she understood. "snap out of it kaiyana" "she's a girl" i whisper under my breath. i see neteyam and the others swim over to me while tsireya comes up to the surface as well. neteyam says the found kiri but she just wanted to explore by herself and we can continue without her.

~a little later~
we were at shallow water as aonung calls out for an under water creature called 'ilu', fascinating, "if you want to live here you have to ride" aonung explains. "well who wants to go first?" lo'ak and tuk pushed me forward wanting me to go first, i rolled my eyes and obliged, how hard could it be? i went on top of the ilu with tsireya on my left, "make the bond gently" i make the bond as the ilu moves a bit "feel his breath" i close my eyes and hold the part where tsireya told me, i hold on tight and take a breath as the ilu quickens its pace and dives underwater. i tried to hang on but he was to strong, i get taken aback and swam to the top, as i gasp for air, i hear aonung laughing, i rolled my eyes but then saw tsireya giggle too, that made me smile.

no ones pov:
they all found and ilu and rode them, they went back to kiri so she could join too, after they all had and ilu, they swam around and enjoyed the water on their skin. tuk was tired so she went back to their hut to see mother and probably sleep. aonung also left because his mother needed him. so it was only kaiyana, lo'ak, neteyam, kiri, rotxo, and tsireya. tsireya was teaching the others how to breathe, before kaiyana knew it, tsireya had one hand on her stomach and one hand on her heart. kaiyana couldn't help but twitch and tense up at her touch "kaiyana, your heart beat is fast"
<hehehe i stole lo'ak and tsireyas scene 🤭>
neteyam and rotxo giggled a little while kiri just rolled her eyes.
they get eventually get the hang of it after a bit more practice.

<that's it for now!! sorry if it's boring, please share recommendations of what you want to see from tsireya and kaiyanas relationship!!>