part 3: worry

<enjoy!!>

no one pov:
After a few hours of riding the ilu and exploring the ocean, the others went back to the village while kaiyana and tsireya stayed for another lesson. "you have to get your breathing right kaiyana", every time tsireya had said her name, kaiyana couldn't help but feel a type of way. she was so conflicted especially when she didn't how she was feeling, she grew up around others who only mated with the opposite sex, so why was she feeling this way, did she just find tsireya pretty? or did she find her interesting? what was it? what was so special about tsireya that had such an effect on kaiyanas emotions.

kaiyanas pov:
Tsireya was telling me the way of water. we were sitting on a rock a few meters away from the village. she had helped me find peace with my breathing and how to feel the water around me while swimming. i couldn't understand how i was scared of the ocean before when it's so beautiful and alive. we were now in the ocean where tsireya had gotten a large pearl, a sort of white/pink color. she had thrown it in the water and it slowly sunk. i dived to retrieve it, at first it was hard to see since there was fish swimming around but i saw the sparkle of the pearl and swam deeper. i caught it and swum back up to tsireya.

~later that day~
Tsireya had been teaching me, kiri, and tuk how to breathe under water using an ocean creature, it was one of the coolest things i've ever experienced. Near the afternoon, swimming with tsireya all day, we go back to the village to find the others. We found aonung and rotxo sitting near a hut. we approach them, "wheres lo'ak?" i ask with concern, they giggle as i look at tsireya with worry. "where is he?!" "i dont know, hopefully far away by now" aonung replies. i push his chest asking where lo'ak was. i hear tsireya say my name, but i ignore her since i was more focused on finding my twin brother. "i said where is he!?" i push his chest again, but harder, "he was near the reef when we left him, i dont know now" the reef? dad said we weren't allowed there, what was lo'ak doing there? i hurry to find neteyam, he has to help me find lo'ak. thinking of lo'ak in danger makes my heart race and my face covered in worry and concern. where could he be? is he okay? tsireya had followed behind me, trying to grab my hand but i smack it away "sorry tsireya" i say while looking down, i don't want her to see me like this, i was mad at her brother and filled with distress. she grabs both my hands and looks straight at my eyes, "we will find him, he'll be okay kaiyana" my heart was beating out of my chest, the way she says my name used to make me so tense but now all i feel is calmness and comfort, "thank you tsireya, lets go find my twin brother".

no ones pov:
kaiyana and tsireya rush to neteyam who was with their family. "neteyam!" kaiyana yells running toward him "woah woah breathe" "what happened?" her father had asked with the same concerned face as the rest. "lo'ak is gone" "he went out to the reef and hasn't come back!" kaiyanas mother had turned her head quickly towards jake, "okay okay, everyone stay calm, i will go and find him, stay here with the village" he had said to kaiyana and the family. kaiyana had held her arms with fear while tsireya had put her hand on kaiyanas back trying to calm her. after a while jake and lo'ak return to the village meeting with tonowari and aonung at the edge. neytiri runs towards lo'ak "i pray for the strength that i will not pluck the eyeballs out of my youngest son" kaiyana runs towards lo'ak holding him close "i almost thought i lost you brother" "im okay yana" lo'ak says.

kaiyanas pov:
i try to sleep after todays scare, but i couldn't stop thinking about fathers words to me and neteyam about protecting lo'ak, i felt so guilty for being occupied with tsireya that i forgot to check on my own twin. i can't even imagine the guilt neteyam has to deal with, neteyam is responsible for all of us. even lo'ak must feel guilty, lo'ak is always the one protecting me and telling me off for my stupid decisions, now he's the one that needs protection and telling off. i have been so stressed these days with everything going on, and now i also have to think about how i feel towards tsireya, is it friendship? or more? i need to talk to her tomorrow.

<hopefully this was an interesting chapter😁 next part is out soon!>