The Hat's Decision

(What is your favorite color? Mines green.)

When Headmistress Mcgonagall finally returned and stopped the chatter, they all entered the hall. Hadriel pulled his hood up and shrunk down, he hated when there were so many people in one place, he'd have to get used to it. As Hadriel looked at the podium, an elder man stood up from his seat. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts! I am Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. We, the professors and staff, are happy you have come back or now attending." Dumbledore announced before sitting down, an annoying twinkle in his eye. Hadriel noticed the headmaster's eyes searched through the crowd of new students, stopping on Ray. 

"When I call your name, please come up and sit on this stool. You are now being sorted." Headmistress Mcgonagall said to the first years. Hadriel felt nervous. Having to sit up there, in front of the whole school, and deal with the gazes of humanity...Oh Gosh! Hadriel began to shake, and his heart was pounding faster and faster.

"Are you okay?" Pansy asked as she was right next to him. He shook his head, tears prickling his eyes. Pansy grabbed his hand and held it with a comforting way. Hadriel smiled and gently leaned against her, calming down. 

"Abbott, Hannah"

Hufflepuff!

"Bones, Susan"

Hufflepuff!

"Boot, Trevor" 

Ravenclaw!

"Brocklehurst, Mandy"

Ravenclaw!

"Brown, Lavender"

Gryffindor!

"Bulstrode, Millicent"

Slytherin!

"Corner, Michael"

Gryffindor!

"Cornfoot, Stephen" 

Hufflepuff!

"Crabbe, Vincent"

Slytherin!

"Greengrass, Daphne"

Slytherin!

"Longbottom, Neville"

Hufflepuff!

"Granger, Hermione"

Gryffindor!

"Weasley, Ronald"

Gryffindor!

"Potter, Ray"

Gryffindor!

"Malfoy, Draco"

Slytherin!

After 13 others...

"Emery, Hadriel"

...