• Chapter 1 - A New Finding •

??? POV:

The crunching sounds of leaves below us echoed as we talked for what felt like it was five minutes, but we know that in reality it was longer. Then I started being the one doing most of the talking. I'm staring at the floor as I'm talking and the words I'm saying feel like they're reflecting back to me.

With no response gained to what I'm saying , I look at him and see his expression filled with shock as he stares further into the alleyway. "Isn't that one of the daycare attendants..?" He asks, to which I look at where he's staring and my eyes widen.

What I see there is a familiar animatronic laying thrown away, it's entire body wrecked and destroyed. What made it easier to notice it is that the stars on it's hat still glowed, yet weaker than usual. If anyone were to try fix him, it would take a while, but if nobody else has stepped up to do so, I will be the one to do it.

I hear Nyx speak from behind me as I walk closer to the abandoned robot. I kneel down next to it and sit him up, making him lean on the wall behind him.

At first I was hoping it wasn't really the daycare attendant, but what I see in front of me is saying otherwise. "We can try fixing him. He seems to be in a critical condition, but it's still possible to fix him." I say, to which I hear footsteps behind me followed by Nyx speaking.

"We can try, I suppose." He says, kneeling down next to me. "Christ. He really is messed up." Nyx once again says, to which I hum in response.

"Let's get him to our hide-out." I say before picking him up bridal style with with difficulty. We start walking to the hide-out, which of course was to take quite some time.

Arriving upon the place, we place him in one of the rooms and decide to start fixing him now. This was going to take a long time.