• Chapter 18 - "I will find you no matter what." •

!Content Warning!

.  .  .

Y̺͆o̺͆u̺͆'r̺͆e̺͆ T̺͆o̺͆o̺͆ L̺͆a̺͆t̺͆e̺͆

Eclipse's POV:

I wake up in a void unknown to me. I look around, my alert rising.

Suddenly I hear a bang from behind me, to which I turn around on high alert, and what do I see? Moon.

Moon is there on his hands and knees, one of his hands covering his mouth and his head lowered. He's trembling. What does this mean?

I walk up closer to him and put my hand on his shoulders to which he flinches.

"Moon..?" I ask, awaiting an answer, or at least some indication that he'e there and he hears me. But no answer came.

Suddenly a shadow-like hand pushes me away from Moon, making me stumble on my feet, but I thankfully manage to catch myself to not fall down.

I look back at Moon and I see a shadow figure behind him. His white, glowing mouth and eyes being the only light source in this void beside some of the stars on Moon's hat and pants.

"Who are you!?" I exclaim, but he just stares at me and lets out a small chuckle. I see Moon move from the bottom of my vision.

I look down at him and he uncovers his mouth and places his hand on the ground of the void. His hand is covered with a black liquid. Wait. It's oil.

He raises his head not too slowly but not fast in the same time, and I see oil dripping from his mouth. He raises his hands from the ground of the void and I see a wound on his chest, oil dripping from it as well.

My eyes widen as my shock transfers to dread in a rapid speed. Moon is right in front of me, covered in oil.

This isn't real right..? This is just a nightmare never meant to happen in reality, right!? Someone tell me that's the truth. Please someone just tell me this isn't real!

My vision starts to whirl and spin, filling me with an odd sensation. I feel sick.

The last thing I hear before my vision twists and whirls into a darker, more silent and less uncanny void is: "$λVE ҤłM"

I wake up with my breathing heavy and holding my hand on my chest as I try to get a better breathing pattern.

"Brother, are you okay!?" Sun speaks, seems like he's awake as well. What time is it? I check the time and see that it's 2 am.

Without even getting the time to catch my breath properly or even answering the question made by Sun, I get out of my bed and rush to the balcony. Before I could hook the wire to my back and fly across to the exit, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Sun says panickly from behind me. "I need to find Moon now." I say, my voice shaky and my hands trembling.

"Brother, we'll find him in the morning-" Sun says, before I cut him off. "NO, HE'S IN DANGER AND WE'RE NOT THERE TO HELP HIM. I NEED TO FUCKING FIND HIM, SUN." I snap, covering my mouth with my hand almost instantly, realising I just screamed at my own brother.

"I-I'm sorry-" Sun stutters out, but I once again cut him off. "Don't apologize..I should be the one apologizing. I'm so fucking sorry, brother.." I say, pulling him into a tight hug, to which he hugs back after a few seconds.

After a short while I pull away and grab the wire once again. "I have to do this. I need to find him before anything happens." I say, to which Sun looks at me with an expression filled with worry.

"Okay..just be careful." He says. I nod, saying that I will be careful, then I take a deep breath and hook the wire to my back.

I quickly jump down and fly across the daycare to the exit, swiftly unhooking it off my back. I then open the door and run as fast as I can to the exit of the Pizzaplex.

I leave the Pizzaplex, and I don't stop running. I just keep on dashing through the endless streets, fields - whatever else.

My breathing gets more heavy, but I just ignore it. I can't afford to lose him again. Not again.

"Fuck." I breathe out as I run forward, ignoring everything and everyone around me. All I'm searching for is my brother - Moon. Everything and everyone else is unimportant for me right now.

As I run and run, the only thoughts going through my head are: "Where are you?" And "Please be okay." Tears fill up my eyes, making my vision become somewhat blurry.

I will find you no matter what.

That shadow figure. What did you do to my brother?