• Chapter 5 - A Question •

Lunar's POV:

I'm sitting in the vents and humming the tune of the daycare theme song quietly, occasionally tapping my fingers on the bottom of the vent.

I start to hear talking coming from under the vent I'm currently in and try to listen in to the conversation.

Eclipse and Sun are talking about something. What if I scare them? That'll be fun!

I wait for the perfect moment which is when they are right infront of the exit to the vent and I then pop out from the top and shout out not too loudly, yet not too quietly: "Boo!"

Sun almost jumps because of how much I scared him, while Eclipse seems to be slightly surprised, which disappoints me, but atleast I scared Sunny!

"Please don't do that again, Lunar! You scared me to death" Sun speaks out, to which I start feeling kinda guilty. "Sorry, Sunny" I apologize, Sun and Eclipse look at each other as if passing a message between each other through eye contact.

"What was that eye contact thingy you did there? What kind of secret do I not know about??" I ask, to which Sun just shows a warm smile on his face and speaks: "Don't worry about it Mo- Lunar" He answers.

He probably is hoping I didn't catch that slip-up of his, but I did. They have been almost calling me the name of the attendant that I apparently replaced quite a bit. I think it's time I finally speak up about it.

"Hey Sunny and 'Clipsy?" I speak up. "Hm?" Eclipse hums out. "Yeah?" Sun asks.

I then jump down from the vent, since I got a bit dizzy from hanging upside-down for so long. "You guys have been almost calling me „Moon” a lot. I just thought it'd be time you guys finally explained why" I ask nervously, I didn't really know how to word it at the beggining, it just sort of came out by itself.

Sun looks at me with a saddened expression on his face, while Eclipse looks at Sun and just nods, his expression is unexplainable, it isn't really sadness nor any other emotion, it's quite confusing to say the least.

"How exactly to explain that is fairly hard, but we'll try to the best of our abilities, I suppose.." Sun says sadly, the fact that I brought the subject about Moon up probably makes them upset.

"To put it simply, you remind us of him a lot. That doesn't mean we're saying you're only a replacement for Moon, you are someone who can be just really similar to him at times." Eclipse explains. I'm not really surprised with that answer, it's definetly something I expected.

"Oh.." I mutter under my breath and let out a small sigh. "Sorry for bringing that subject up, by the way" I apologize, to which Sun's face gains the warm smile again. "It's fine, don't apologize for being curious about something" He says.

I start speaking about more bright subjects to lighten the mood up and it seems like I thankfully succeeded. I guess I have my answer to that, it has been something I've been wondering about a lot, now it won't bug me so much.

I sometimes wonder what that "Moon" animatronic was like, if Eclipse and Sun miss him a lot, that probably means he was kind, atleast to them. But I did hear quite awful rumors about him, also the day that Sun attacked those children, the stuff they were saying about Moon has me wondering.

Eh. They are probably just children doing children things, I should believe the brighter side! He was definetly kind if 'Clipsy and Sunny miss him so much.