xiv

"(Y/n)! C'mon!" Renge calls waiting by the entrance of the Morinozuka home. "Renge? Since when have the two of you been hanging out?"

"A few weeks after she became manager. We're gonna go to the airport together, just text me when you guys are already in the airport 'kay?" Mori nods as I leave. "Oh! I am so excited to get back the u.s! Been wanting to back to this indie café there. I really wanna go there again with you!" Renge platonically holds my pinkie with hers as we walk into her limo. (I don't recall the reader telling Renge that she's a girl. If the reader hasn't then tell me in the comments.) "The last time I've been in the u.s. was when I was a kid so I'm looking forward to see it now." I smile to Renge as she smiles back. She tries to cover the frown that came for a second noticing the sadness I still keep within me.

-

Classes had already started for Haruhi, Tamaki, Mori, and Honey, but the rest of us had a different schedule. Since we were already here, the rest of us decided to roam around the state we were in. Renge suggested it after all and I just wanted to follow her. We went to some popular tourist spots and stopped to have a late lunch in a nearby restaurant. Kyoya went to the outdoors spot of the restaurant. I noticed how stressed he was so I decided to follow him.

"Having trouble with the twins?" He looked surprised to see me and just sighed while nodding. I laughed a little as I stood beside him on the railing we were standing in front of. "I'd expect it to be less frustrating seeing how Haruhi is taking care of Tamaki now. But it oddly feels worse..." He sighs. "I can try to help you out. Since I don't have my cousin and brother to follow anymore..."

"It seems like it hasn't changed with you if I want to be honest." I tilt my head in confusion. "You follow renge like Mori-senpai." My eyes widen and laughed it off. "What?! I... Renge?! No!-" I cut myself off noticing his look on me. I immediately forgot what I was trying to defend myself about and looked away with a small blush due to our eye contact. "I can take care of the twins on my own."

"Really? Cuz they're not where we left them." I say after keeping my composure back. Pointing to the empty table we were sitting earlier. He looks over and got immediately surprised. My phone vibrates so I pulled it out to see a text from Renge.

We headed off somewhere! Enjoy your date with Kyoya-senpai!
-Renge

I blushed from her text while I covered my mouth. "Is that a text from the twins?" Kyoya asked noticing his head was next to mine. "It's from Renge!" I say i surprise as I backed away due to our close proximity. "Oh. Sorry..." He awkwardly says noticing my reaction. I texted Renge to tell her if it's ok to meet back in the apartment and she said it was fine. "She said we can meet up at home instead. "So do you want to go back home now?"

"Actually. I'd love it if you could accompany me to some places I'd like to see. The sun is still up. And we can't waste this vacation." He offers. I smile and nod. "I'd love to go."

-

"This book is only exclusive in this state only. So I'm glad we get to purchase it." Kyoya said enthusiastically. I smile seeing Kyoya's excited look. He notices me staring and it made me look away. He sighs with a smile. "I've been meaning to ask... How are you?"

"Mh? I'm doing well... To be honest. I'm glad no one from my class freaked out when they saw me in a female kimono back at Mori and Honey's graduation."

"How about... Him?" Kyoya awkwardly mentions. "Oh... Him? Well... I haven't spoken to him yet... But I will. As his friend." I tell him with a determined look. He looks back at me, but immediately looks away with a flustered look while covering his face. I was confused, but laughed it off. "Well at least I'm not the only one who's flustered here." I say jokingly.

-

"Hey!! How was your day, bestie??" Renge happily asked running up to me for a hug. I hug back with a smile. "It was great, I swear! Just sucks you had to ditch me and kyoya with the twins..."

"I'm so sorry! I wanted to give you guys some alone time! After I saw the absolute tension between you two~" Renge winks and I just sighed. "C'mon..." I sigh more after feeling really embarrassed especially with her wiggling her eyebrows so teasingly.

-

It's been a week since staying here in the u.s. I'll be leaving tonight with Renge, but the rest of the club will still be staying. I stayed in the guest rooms in the massive apartment the club was living in while Renge was in another guest room. When I left my room the whole place was empty, only to see Renge playing her Kyoya dating simulator in the living room t.v. "Don't you have a t.v. in you room?" I asked as I sat on the couch. "Mh? Oh well the club is out right now so I can't miss an opportunity to take over the house for today. Especially since it's our last day today."

"Where are they? In a day like this I'd expect honey to smother me."

"They'll be back soon. How about playing with me for a while?" Renge gives me a pleading look. I just laughed and sat on the floor beside her to play this game I've been wanting to go back to playing.