xx

I invited Ritsu to pick some sea shells with me and mitsukuni. And to my surprise, he invited Kyoya which he accepted. Honey waves over to kyoya who had a bucket and a tong. I couldn't control my laugh seeing the tong in his hand. He notices and defends himself while laughing a little. "I don't wanna pick up the sea shells with my bare hands, (Y/n)."

"That's understandable." I say as I try to control my laugh. I notice a presence of someone staring at me so I looked over to Ritsu. His eyes widen with my sudden stare so he looked away with red ears.

-

"So why are we even picking shells, honey-senpai?"

"Just 'cuz they're pretty!"

"This shell matches your eyes, (Y/n)." Kyoya says handing me the shell. "Is it because it's dark and gloomy like her?" Ritsu jokingly says. He sounded like he was hesitating to say that joke. "What? Since when was I ever dark and gloomy?"

"All our classmates' first impression of you is dark and gloomy." Ritsu laughs and I playfully hit his shoulder. "Yeah like you're guilty. That just means Kyoya's shell is as dark and gloomy as you then!"

"You guys! All three of you have genuine dark and gloomy faces!" Honey says. "But to be honest. This entire group have dark and gloomy faces." Mori says with his monotone voice. "Now that you mention it. Senpai does have a point."

-

"Oh hey, Ootori-senpai. I didn't realize there's still people in the beach house."

"Oh, you spoiled the surprise, Kasanoda. I was gonna surprise the club with some watermelon slices." Kyoya says, smiling to him. "Can I help with the surprise then?"

"Oh sure. I can't really cut 2 watermelons in 10 minutes, so your help would be needed." Kyoya hands Ritsu a knife as he starts to cop the second watermelon. "So, how's the host club going for you?"

"Mh? Well it feels a little awkward. But I think I'm getting used to it."

"I'm sure it is. It seems you haven't even spoken to the first years, yet."

"Oh well, I'll try to maybe. In the future..."

"I always wondered... What had gotten you to join the host club?"

"Mh? Well it seems like it would be a nice club to be in."

"Nothing else?" Kyoya asked with a more serious tone. Placing his knife down to stare at Ritsu more. Kyoya observes Ritsu more. He had gotten more nervous as he avoides his icy stare. "I... Wanted to... I thought-"

"Finish your words, Kasanoda. Your stuttering makes me see that you're lying. Lying to yourself maybe?" Ritsu stays quiet as Kyoya's call out made him feel more tense. "I thought... I could get closer to someone..."

"Who? Could it be the twins? The first years? Or to (Y/n)?" This causes for Kasanoda too look up at Kyoya, with a more stern and determined look. "Yes. I wanted to get closer to her to see if she still wants to be friends. And it seems like she does. I've been trying to speak to her all vacation, but she never responded. Until you told me you and the whole club were in america the whole time."

"Could this be because of the rejection you gave to her?"

"Yes it is. But it's not just that. I also wanted to get close to you." Kyoya's eyes widen from that addition. And it seemed Ritsu was honest. "I've noticed how the person you speak to the most is Morinozuka-san and... I wanted to know how you do it. Especially since the two of you are so difficult to get close to. I want to know how you get to be so close with Morinozuka-san." This left Kyoya speechless. He looks down and adjusted his glasses. He was gonna say something more, but was cut off when I entered the beach house as I stretched my back. "Sigh... Playing volleyball against Honey was exhausting. But not for me actually. For Tamaki senpai since we were teammates." I say as I walk in to see both men turn back to the table to continue chopping down their watermelons. "(Y/n), why don't you go pass this batch down to the rest of the club outside? Me and Kasanoda will eat ours here." Kyoya sends me a charming smile. I just nod and take the large tray. "I'll help you grow your friendship with (Y/n) back. Since every time I see the two of you talk you always seem like you're about to die." Kyoya jokes and Ritsu makes the same expression Kyoya just mentioned. "How about a game of 20 questions?" Kyoya asked once when I entered the home. "Sure."

-

"A test of courage!" Tamaki happily announces as Mitsukuni poses along with him. "Me and Haruhi will scare! And there will be a number picking. And whoever picks the same numbers will be the partners!"

"Seriously though don't you think you can wait until October?" Haruhi asked. "But summer camps always have courage test!~" Tamaki cries.

Scarer:

Female first year
Honey

Hikaru
Haruhi

Tamaki
Kyoya

Victim:

Male first year
Mori

Renge
Kaoru

Me
Ritsu

"Hey, Kyoya-senpai. Did you rig the numbers?" Ritsu whispers to Kyoya and he just shakes his head. "And trust me. If anyone did rigged it, I would've known."

-

"You know Ritsu, if I can be honest. You could be the jumpy type in these kinds of activities."

"Actually I'm pretty excited." I was confused, but knew his honesty from his genuine smile. "I'm really into horror."

"Wow really? Then why didn't you join the black magic club?"

"I said I liked horror, not black magic!" Ritsu says in a very hurtful tone in a comedic sense. We were the last to enter the forest. It was more quiet than when the first half entered. Maybe it's because half of the club had already left and finished their test. The first scare had began with one of the first years, and you can tell she was really into it due to the effort she put on her scary make up. She screams at us which caused me to jump and instinctively bonk her head and hid behind Ritsu. This surprised Ritsu who seemed like he wasn't bothered at all. "Ah! Kouhai! Are you okay?" Honey runs to her seeing that the bonk caused her to drop to her knees. "No, I'm fine Honey-senpai." She laughs it off while rubbing her forehead.