1. Escape

3rd person's pov

Crunching of the leaves could be heard from a mile away, the wind blowing harshly as the cold wind nipped at her skin. But she didn't care, all she cared about was not being found by the evil men working for the person she hated the most. Her light hazel eyes scanned the area as she kept running towards a deeper part of the woods, she had never been to before. Sure, she was absolutely terrified out of her mind going that far into the woods. After all, wild hybrids were loose and she couldn't tell if they would come track her down and kill her for being in their territory. But what terrified her more than that was the thought of being captured by Him the most. She had suddenly remembered that if she was caught again, things this time wouldn't end well for her or the people that helped her escape. She was scared for her friend, who was working under Him. He had threatened her before when she tried to escape the first time, the next time she did it, it would not end well for anyone she loved and cared about. She didn't want him to be hurt if it was found out that he helped her escape, so she made it her mission not to be caught again. She has promised her dear friend that she would do whatever she could to keep from being taken back, after all, the two would suffer for the action. Her best friend would possibly be locked up in prison, or worse, he would be killed by the main guard in charge of security.

"Promise me you won't get caught again. I'm afraid that if you are caught again, things might get worse before we have a chance for them to get better. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself. Just take care of yourself out there. Those woods are filled with wild hybrids and they will not be friendly." He held her shoulders, not wanting to let her go out into the woods but he knew he had to. It was the only way for her to get out of that awful place and out of reach of the awful man, he was working under. "I promise, I'll be careful. Please.. Promise me that you will be careful, don't let him know that you were the one to help me. Please, please. Promise me you'll stay safe." She begged, "I promise. I promise, my little one. Besides, I have never gone back on a promise, have I?" He pulled her into one last hug, the two of them not wanting to let each other out of their sight but it was for the best. "Hurry, I know he'll be looking for you soon." He pulled back the hug, the two separating from one another. One last goodbye was called before she climbed through the small hole in the wall and ran off through the dark tunnels which would lead her to the woods.

His words rang through her head, causing her to move quicker but much quieter than before. She silently thanked her father for taking her on those camping and hunting trips, so that she learned how to stay quiet and leave as little footprints as possible for them to track. "Keep searching!! Boss wants her found as soon as possible!!" A voice shouts, their words echoing through the forest. Upon hearing this, the group of men spread out more and hurry as they check the woods for the young girl. She had been on the run for two days already, this area was new to her as she had been trying to get away from her home. She somehow managed to keep slipping through the men's grasp, seeming to get a step ahead of them for the past two days. It was a wonder to her, how they quickly tracked her to this side of the forest. Unknowing to the men searching the woods, two wolves are watching the humans with interest, wondering why they were out so far in the woods.

"Hyung.." The younger, white wolf looked briefly to the giant black wolf standing next to him.

"I know.. We need to keep an eye on them."

"What do you think they're looking for?"

"I don't think it's an it.. I think it's a person. And it seems they aren't searching of their own volition. Come on. Let's go warn the others about them being out here. Most likely, they already smell them."

The two wolves quickly run off without any of the men noticing a thing, it made them laugh at how stupid they really were. Those humans couldn't even tell that they were being watched by the most dangerous hybrids in the woods, all because they were preoccupied with finding the young girl running away at the moment. Back to the young girl, she quickened her pace as she could hear the men coming closer to where she was. She found herself giving into the fear she felt, it creeping up on her even more. She didn't want to be spotted by them and forcefully dragged back to where she hated, she couldn't stand the thought of it. Being locked up in a room, having to forcefully do things that she didn't want to do. All because it was his wish, she hated him for it. And begged for the days when he had been the person that she knew and loved, but she knew that person was not going to come back. Not after what had happened to her mother, not when he blamed hybrids for what happened to her.