10. On the Move

3rd person's pov

"What the hell do you mean you lost her?!!" A deep male voice shouted across the room, his words echoing loudly throughout the high vaulted office. Chet's eyes shook as he stood in front of a large desk, sitting behind this desk was a man of great importance. But he also is the same person that Seo-jae had been trying to get away from her whole life. His dark brown eyes glaring harshly at the man standing before him, shaking like he was a three year old afraid of being punished. "I.. Sir.. I lost all of my men out there. The only one who survived was Tyson." Chet explained, "And why is that?" He seethed, "The wild hybrids that attacked us felt that he was no threat. So they didn't go after him. They murdered Flint and Harry in cold blood and one of those fucking wolves bit a chunk out of my leg. After he bit me, she ran off and I couldn't go after her with this injury. I would simply be too slow to catch up with her. She's a very smart and fast young lady, Sir." The man behind the desk, growled loudly at the man in front of him. Chet withheld the fact from this man that he had taken off the minute the wolf bit him, he didn't want his boss to know that he acted cowardly rather than keep going after the boss's daughter. He hurled his desktop computer at the man, Chet quickly ducking as the computer went sailing over his head, across the room and colliding with the wall behind Chet. "You lost my daughter!!! Because of what?!! You were too scared to go find her with your injury?!! That's the kind of excuse, you're giving me!!!" He shouted, his voice raising an octave higher than normal. As he was a father, he was not only worried about the idea of Seo-Jae being in the woods unprotected, but also feared that she could be murdered in cold blood by wild hybrids living in the very woods she had been tracked to. Chet flinched visibly, obviously terrified of the man he was working under. Sure, he had seen his boss angry before but this was different as his daughter was the main reason behind his boss's attitude.

"I'm sorry, sir.. I'm so sorry." Chet pleaded, "I want my daughter found by the end of the day Thursday!! If she is not here in front of me, perfectly fine with no injuries, then I will kill you my damn self! Now go find my daughter, you worthless excuse of a soldier!!!" He screamed, Chet scrambled to his feet and took off out of the office. He slammed the door shut behind him, his heart pounding in his ears as he made it down the hallway, leaning against the wall. When he finally calmed down, he let out a frustrated grunt, smacking the wall with the palm of his hand. Chet knew that he needed to find Seo-Jae and quickly, he was not about to be killed because of the hybrid's that saved her from him. He hated the fact that the man he once knew as a kind gentle soul had changed, all because of the accident which led to his wife's long hospital stay and all because of the woman who entered the picture afterwards. She had some kind of hold over his boss, it was like she had him under some sort of spell.

"That bitch ruined everything when she came into the picture.. And now, we're all paying for it with our lives... I'm going to find you, Seo-Jae. And when I do, it will not be fun and games. You will come back with me, even if it means I have to hurt you." Chet threatened under his breath, he calmly ran his hand through his salt and pepper hair and sighed. He closed his eyes, taking a moment to think and stormed off down the hall and up the stairs to gather another group of men to go looking for her.

"So what happened to that young man? Tyson, was his name." Chet looked over his shoulder, he had just finished briefing a batch of new soldiers to be careful of the hybrids he had seen last time. He didn't want them to be murdered like Harry and Flint. Behind him just a few feet away stood a young man, he was quite tall for his age and didn't even look like he belonged with the soldiers.

"Yah, Soobin. Why are you so interested in that?" Another soldier questioned, walking over to the young man. Soobin looked over his shoulder at the young man approaching him, his dark blue lightly swaying with him. "Because Tyson was my best friend in grade school. I just want to know what happened to him. So Boss, what happened to him?" Soobin turned his eyes back to Chet, who sighed and shook his head.

"To be honest, Mr. Park probably either punished him or let him go. He's not that cruel to kill a child."

"But he's cruel enough to harm hybrids. Even when they are children." The young soldier pointed out, making Chet spin around and glare harshly at the young man. "Yah, Kang Taehyun watch what you say." He took several steps towards the red head, who only smirked at the angry look on Chet's face as he came towards him. He stopped right in front of the young man, who was only a few inches shorter than himself. Chet's dark orbs glared harshly into the chocolate brown eyes belonging to the young man, a scowl on his face.

"You really are the Big Man's lap dog, aren't you?" Taehyun teased, still smirking at the older man standing before him. He never wanted to be working for the Big Man, as he called Mr. Park. He absolutely hated the way the man treated his daughter and hated the way he treated hybrids, he hated that this man had changed so drastically from the way he was before. Taehyun and Soobin were two of the soldiers that we're secretly working against Mr. Park and his company, helping Seo-Jae with the whole ordeal. They wanted to find Seo-jae as much as Chet, but not for the purposes of harming her or even bringing her back to her father. But to help keep her safe, out of her father's reach and help her oust her father so that she can take over the company and make a better life for hybrids.

"I ain't nobody's lap dog." Chet seethed, Soobin noticed that Taehyun was only doing this to get under the older man's skin, as they had bad blood between one another. He knew that he needed to step in so that things didn't get out of hand, unlike Taehyun, he wasn't willing to pick fights with other soldiers in charge so easily but he will speak his mind when he wants. Soobin nudged Taehyun, giving him a look to stop teasing Chet. Chet stalked off, calling orders for them to head out.

"Why do you antagonize him like that? You know he can kill you, right?" Soobin asked, watching Chet disappear out of the doorway.

"At this point it's a game. If he gives in, I win. And he knows that." Taehyun said, making Soobin shake his head as the two exited the room.

"You think she's okay? Chet said that there were wild wolves out there when he found her." Taehyun asked, "I'm sure she'll be fine. Taehyun. She's a strong girl, who's been through a lot." Soobin stated, "Yeah, you're right. I just hope she stays safe out there." Taehyun said.

"Me too."