Part 9

You can imagine what happened when Austin walked in. Kayla being Kayla, she told him everything. And exaggerated a few things.

"He obviously likes you man," Austin said, placing his stuff on his bed.

"I don't know man," I replied, closing my eyes and laying back, "I just gave him a jacket."

"You act like you have never met him," I heard Kayla say and i got the feeling she was shaking her head as she spoke.

"What does he do? What makes you think he likes?" I asked.

"He stares at you all the time, he doesn't talk to anyone other than you not including Jason, Reyna and Hazel and the way he talks to you is different then the way he talks to them. He is always blushing when you're around, he stutters and zones out whenever someone else is around you, what am i missing Austin?"

"He flirt fights with you, and he took your jacket!!" Austin stated, with way too much emotion.

"I think you guys are looking way too much into this," i muttered. 

At this point, i didn't know what to say or believe. Ever since I met Nico, I had been telling myself it was never going to happen. I keep telling myself we would never be a thing. It was easiest that way. If i never got my hopes up, i would never be hurt when it didn't happen. Or at least not as much. But now....

I don't know what to think now. Was it possible? Could we be a thing? 

Could it be more than just a dream?