Part 28

I knelt beside the new kid, examining his ankle. 

It didn't seem to be broken, but it was definitely sprained.

"Yeah, you've sprained your ankle man," I sighed, "We're going to need to bring you to the infirmary."

He nodded but he looked really confused.

"What have y'all told him?" I asked, turning to Kayla.

"We tried our best to explain about the gods and stuff and he seems to be taking it pretty well," Kayla nodded.

"Alright, now come on, help me,"

The new kid stood up, balancing on his good foot.

We helped him to the infirmary, sitting him down on a cot.

I elevated his foot, putting ice on his ankle.

"Try your best not to use this leg too much, and keep icing it, okay?"

"Alright,"

I glanced up at him, taking him in for the first time.

He looked about 14. He had light brown or dark blonde hair. His eyes were a greyish blue color, his skin slightly tanned.

"What was your name again?" I asked.

"It's Ben," He held out his hand and I shook it, "I'm guessing you're Will, the Apollo Head Counselor?"

"Yup," I smiled, " do you have any idea who your godly parent might be?"

"No idea," he shook his head.

"Hm, well I'm guessing you're either an Athena or Aphrodite kid, from your looks, maybe even an Apollo kid," I smiled, "You probably don't know what any of that means do you?"

"Athena is the goddess of wisdom, Aphrodite is the goddess of love and Apollo is the god of pretty much everything else right?" He laughed.

"Yeah, pretty much," I nodded, "Anyway, you should be good for now, keep icing that for like 10 more minutes and then you should be okay, just try not to walk or do anything on it to much."

"Okay," he nodded and I sensed a hint of a Boston accent. 

"Alright cool, I'm gonna head out, but I'll see you later Ben and you to Kayla," I turned and started walking towards the door.

"What are you going to go hang out with Nico?" Kayla laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Who's Nico?" Ben questioned.

"Oh you'll see," I laughed and walked out the door.

(word count: 349)