CHAPTER 6

The day of the festival came by and it was time for Daniel and Duke to give one hell of a performance.

The performance was later on so while they used the time to practice more, you decided to go around the venue and see if there was anything to do to use up the time.

"Six thousand won to have a try at getting one hit at Zack. If you win, your money will be doubled!!"

You stopped by Zack's booth and watched in amusement as he dodged several punches from a contender before a timer went off, indicating the minute was up.

"Who wants to go next?"

Zack felt his pride go up when he saw many hesitate to give it a try but the smile on his face was wiped off as soon as you raised your hand.

"Are you sure?" The MC asked you as you handed him the money and you nodded, taking the gear from the table next to him.

"Let's cheer for our next contender!!"

You received a bit of support, maybe out of pity as they assumed you would lose your money while Zack gazed at you with a frown.

"You know you won't win, [F/N]."

"I won't know until I try."

You got into, what you assumed was a boxing stance but the unimpressed look from Zack told you that you were in the wrong position.

"One minute to land a hit! GO!"

The timer started and you suddenly dropped your stance, throwing Zack off guard and he went into a state of confusion as your eyes settled onto something behind him.

"Oh! Hi Mira!"

Just hearing her name had him looking back but when he saw no sign of the girl he crushed on, he felt a sense of annoyance and turned back to you, only to flinch as he felt a glove boop his nose.

"I win."

Zack's jaw dropped as he was fooled by the oldest trick in the book while you walked over to the MC and received 12,000 won, double the amount of money you gave earlier.

"Thank you very much."

Your simple win had encouraged others to have a chance against Zack but the boy was beyond angry for being tricked so he made sure not to let anyone else win during their turn.

You had moved on from Zack's booth to the next which was the beauty departments.

"[F/N]!"

You looked ahead to see Eli waving in your direction and you sent him a polite smile as you walked over to him.

Despite being in different departments, Eli and you had become familiar with one another during the first half of the school year as you both bumped into each other often.

"Do you want to get a hair cut?"

"No, thank you."

You rejected him immediately but in the nicest way possible as you knew he wasn't the best when it came to styling hair but he still made a sad look which pulled at your heart strings.

"You have a whole line of customers so you should focus on them."

You looked over to the front of the line and saw a girl waiting patiently for her turn. You gestured her to come over and at first, she hesitated until Eli smiled in her direction.

"How would you like it done?" He asked her as she stared at him with hearts in her eyes.

"Anyway you like."