CHAPTER 11

You were told by your doctor that you would remain in the hospital for three days before they would do another check up and see if you were fit enough to leave.

So, during that time, you had gotten a small number of visitors who came to your room in many different way.

Some came crying in, others relieved to see you were fine but the most memorable had to be the burn knuckles crew as Vasco led them in with a huge bouquet of flowers.

Day 1

"It's good to see your awake."

You were seated up, thanks to the nurse who helped you earlier and you smiled in Jace's direction as he walked over to take a seat by your bed.

"I should be out of here in a few days. How's everyone?" You asked him and he nodded his head over at the door, causing you to look as it opened.

A line of boys walked in, all wearing the burn knuckles jacket but in the front was one you knew very well, his features hidden behind the huge bouquet he held in his hands.

The flowers were lowered and you couldn't help but blush as you saw Vasco peek over to look at you, his eyes showing relief as he saw you were awake and more well compared to that night at the retreat.

He approached your bed, standing the opposite side of Jace before he presented you the bouquet.

"Thank you."

The rate of your heart beat had skyrocketed over the sweet gesture but you had to make it seem as if you were calm on the outside.

You lifted your arms up to take the flowers but a wince left your lips as you felt your ribs ache.

"Are you still in pain? Does it hurt too much? I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." Vasco was put into a state of worry, quickly putting the flowers on the table next to your bed and you tried not to laugh as it would cause further pain.

"It hurts but that's normal, Vasco. I'll get better soon." You assured him as you saw the guilt in his eyes.

You were tempted to get up and give him a hug to comfort him but that would just result in a whole lot of pain.

"Um...Excuse me..." A meek voice called from the door.

The boys who were in the room all turned to the nurse who held a frightened expression as they gazed down on her and you called her as a distraction.

"I need to do a check up." She mentioned, trying to not break out into a sweat under the pressure of gazes that were on her.

Vasco turned to you and you could see it in his eyes that he didn't want to leave but since he had no choice, he stood up.

Before leaving, he placed a hand on your head and ruffled it with a bit too much force causing your hair to mess up and resemble a bird's nest.

"Take care of yourself."

You didn't care if Vasco had made a mess of your hair, his words were so sweet, it had caused the monitor besides you to go crazy.

"Doctor! It's an emergency!" The nurse was running out of the room to grab the doctor.

"[F/N]!! Don't die!!!" Vasco had placed his hands on your arms as he gazed down at you with panic.

"Vasco! You're making it worse!!" Jace yelled as he saw your heart rate monitor produce numbers that shouldn't even exist.

Day 2

"Um...Mira?" You called.

Mira picked some food up with the chopsticks she held while a homemade lunchbox was also held in her other hand.