CHAPTER 20

"Informant? Police? What do you mean? Why?"

You could see how immensely confused the boy had became and took a deep breath, thinking of a way to explain your reason behind your work without revealing your major secret in the process.

"I wanted to catch the bad guys."

Vasco's eyes widened as he heard you utter this but you spoke up before he had the chance to himself.

"I'm weak and don't know how to win in a fight so I thought of another way to take down the bad guys. The legal way." You told him.

He was silent as he tried to take in what you said.

"That still doesn't explain why."

He was concerned for what you were doing as it was also a huge risk to do this type of job.

"I can't say."

You lowered your head, unable to look in his eyes and you clenched your hands into fists as you thought how the trust you had built between you could crumble from this moment.

"I'm worried for you but if you can't tell me, I'll respect that."

Vasco held your hand gently to bring your attention back onto him and you gazed up, a blush adorning your cheeks as you saw him smile at you.

"Just call me if you ever need help." He mentioned and you nodded, returning a smile of your own.

"I will."

------------------------------------------------------------

"School! Oh, how I've missed you!"

You entered your classroom in a dramatic manner which earned you a few laughs from Zoe and Mira, the two also ecstatic to see you feeling better.

"I was wondering why it was peaceful yesterday. Now I know..." Zack complained as he made a face.

"Aw, I missed you too, my sweet Zack!!" Your tone was dripping with sweetness that it made him cringe and you decided to take it a step further to annoy him even more.

You made him turn his head your way before you puckered your lips, attempting to give a kiss on his cheek.

"No! Get away from me!!" Zack yelled in horror.

"Come on~! I'm just showing how much I missed you!" You cooed before making another try.

You heard someone call out to you and looked over to the classroom door to see Daniel...and Vasco.

You were flustered by the fact that you had been caught trying to kiss Zack by Vasco who would probably misunderstand the situation.

"H-Hi." You greeted in a rather awkward way.

Zack glanced between you and the Burn Knuckles leader a few times before it clicked in his mind, a sly smile painting his lips.

"I'm waiting for my kiss, [F/N]."

You turned to Zack with a look of horror, seeing how he puckered his lips also while leaning forward and you took a step back.

"N-No, I wasn't-"

A manly tear left Vasco's eye and you didn't have the chance to explain yourself as he walked away.

"Wait, Vasco!" You stretched your arm out as if you could stop him from where you stood but your crush had already gone away.

Zack let out a laugh, watching as you fell onto your knees with dispair.

"[F/N]..."

You looked up, only to stare in horror as you saw the head of your math teacher floating towards you as they called out your name.