CHAPTER 17

"Daniel!"

Another day had started and you were making your way towards school when you crossed paths with your close friend. He was walking alongside with Duke who greeted you also.

"Did you finish the assignment we were given?" You asked the taller boy who smiled in a proud manner, his posture straightening up.

"Finished it up last night." He told you and you could tell he was referring to his other body completing it at the last minute while working in the convenience store.

"Doing it at the last minute still isn't good."

Daniel yelped as you kicked his backside while Duke laughed over the whole interaction.

The three of you arrived by the school gates but a voice had stopped you from moving further.

"Daniel Park?"

The boy turned in the direction he was called to see a man seated in an open van, holding out a card as an offer.

"What? An audition?"

The man seemed to be an executive from PTJ Entertainment who was offering Daniel to try out and become an idol.

"You should try it too." He looked in your direction which took you by surprise.

"Me?" You pointed at yourself to see if he was actually asking you and the man rolled his eyes before pulling his phone out.

He seemed to be searching for something and you found out what it was as soon as he revealed his screen to you.

"That-" Your eyes widened as you saw it was a video of your performance on sports day.

Someone had recorded you and put it on youtube which then went viral.

"You've become a hot topic so why don't you become a trainee while you're still the talk of the town." He suggested.

You were planning to reject him but a hand was placed over your mouth before you could do so.

"We'll check it out. The three of us." Daniel emphasised the number as he wanted Duke to also have a chance to audition.

The man frowned but agreed nonetheless, turning away from you all to sit back in his car. The car drove away, leaving the three of you to your thoughts.

Daniel received a punch to his arm making him wince and look your way, seeing you scowl.

"I didn't want to go."

"It's just an audition. You can just try...okay, sorry." Daniel tried to assure you but the way you were squinting your eyes had him apologising.

"I'm not going and that's final."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I thought you weren't coming." Daniel mentioned as he looked down at you with a raised brow.

You stood besides him and Duke as you looked up at the building belonging to PTJ Entertainment.

"It won't hurt to try." You mentioned, laughing when you saw him sigh over your words.

"I'm kinda nervous." Duke said as he took a deep breath and you patted his back as a way to comfort him.

"You've definitely got this Duke." You encouraged him which made him smile.

The three of you entered the building, making your way towards the receptionist who checked for your identities before she confirmed you had an audition.

"Head to the elevator and go to the top floor. Your audition will be there." She informed, smiling politely as she gestured with her hand where the elevator was.