Chapter 1. New Car

(I have changed some of the scripts around but you won't be able to notice so don't mind it.)

"Here, you want? Here, 50. 40? 30?" Geez Sam, stop trying to sell your crap in class when your supposed to be doing a project. This dumbass.
"Sam?" His teacher asked, snapping Sam's attention to him.
"Yeah. Sorry, sorry." Sam turned to his teacher as the bell rang and walked over to his desk. I was just overhearing the conversation from out the open classroom door.
"Okay. Pretty good, right?" Sam asked, gathering his shit.
"I'd say a solid B-."
"A B-?" Sam asked, totally dumbfounded.
"Yes. You were hawking your great-grandfather's crap in my classroom. No, kids enjoy..." Sam's teacher explained, soon getting cut off by Sam.
"Look, can you do me a favor?" Sam asked, putting his hands on the desk.
"What?"
"Can you look out the window for a second? You see my father?" Sam pointed out the window at Dad.
"He's the guy in the green car." Sam looked back at his teacher.
"Yeah? What about him?" His teacher asked, probably wanting to be done with his shit already. I mean, I would too.
"Okay, I wanna tell you about a dream. A boy's dream." Here we go.. I thought.
"And a man's promise to that boy.
He looked at me in the eye.
He said, "Son, I'm gonna buy you a car.
But I want you to bring me $2,ooo and three A's." Okay? I got the 2,000 and I got two As.
Okay? Here's the dream. Your B-.
Dream gone. Kaput." Oh no.. here comes Sams stupid "Jesus" thing. I facepalmed and sighed.
"Sir, just ask yourself,
what would Jesus do?"

                                      ———

"Yes! Yes, yes." Sam quickly walked to Dad with me following close behind him.
"So?" Dad asked, waiting for the reveal of Sam's mark.
"A-. It's an A, though." Sam handed Dad the paper.
"Wait, wait, wait. I can't see. It's an A." Dad scratched his chin and handed the paper back to Sam.
"So I'm good?" Sam asked,
"You're good." Dad replied.

  Sam can up to me and pulled me close to him, getting his face close to my ear as if to whisper something. "Please don't tell dad I pulled that stunt back there. He'd kill me!" Sam whispered, sorry in his voice. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I didn't plan on telling Dad but this just made it a lot better.
"Fine. I won't. But if you pull a stunt like that again then I swear-"
"I won't! I promise I won't. Thank you so so so much Y/n!" Sam pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around me. I chuckled and did the same.
We got in Dads car and drove off, soon pulling into a Porsche dealership.
"I got a little surprise for you, son."
"What kind of..." Sam's eyes widened.
"Yeah, a little surprise." Dad chuckled and drove around the porches a little to tease Sam.
"No. No, no, no, no. Dad! Oh, you got to be kidding me!" Sam shrieked in excitement, almost jumping up in his seat.
"Yeah. I am.
You're not getting a Porsche."
Dad broke out into laughter and pulled to a used car dealer, parking the car.
"You think that's funny?" Sam asked Dad, crossing his arms.
"Yeah, I think it's funny." Dad opened up his car door.
"What's wrong with you?" Sam asked, getting out as well. I stepped out of the car and looked around.
"You think I'd really get you a Porsche for your first car?" Dad began to laugh again, taking a look around.
"I don't want to talk to you for the rest of this whole thing." Sam stood by me, shooting Dad a look of disgust.
  "Oh, come on. It's just a practical joke." Dad exclaimed, whiling some dust off a car.
"It's not a funny joke." I giggled a little at Sam's reaction. He shot me a look that clearly said
"Don't laugh with him!" And I smirked.
Then I spotted a guy slowly coming towards us.

"No, no, no, what is this?
You said... You said half a car, not half a piece of crap, Dad." Sam facepalmed as Dad pointed at a pretty crappy car.
"When I was your age, I'd have been
happy with four wheels and an engine." Dad looked at Sam with a look that said "drop the attitude or ima ground you." I lowly chuckled.
"Okay, let me explain
something to you. Okay?" Sam said. "You ever see 40-Year-Old Virgin?"
"Yeah." Dad replied.
"Okay, that's what this is.
And this is 50-year-old virgin." Sam pointed at another crappy car.
"Okay?" Dad cocked an eyebrow at Sam.
"You want me to live that life? No sacrifice, no victory."
"Yeah, no victory. You know, I got it."
"The old Witwicky motto, Dad." Sam gave Dad a blank look.
"Right.."
"Gentlemen. Bobby Bolivia, like the country,
except without the runs. How can I help you?"
A dealer named Bobby walked up to us, shaking my fathers hand.
"Well, my son here, looking to buy his first car." My dad gave a short expo.
"You come to see me?" Bobby asked, raising an eyebrow with a playful smirk.
"I had to." My dad replied.
"That practically makes us family.
Uncle Bobby B, baby. Uncle Bobby B."
Bobby shook Sam's hand and smiled at him.
"Sam." Sam greeted back.
"Sam, let me talk to you."

"Sam, your first enchilada of freedom
awaits underneath one of those hoods." Bobby raised his hand out and pointed at all the cars
"Let me tell you something, son.
A driver don't pick the car. The car'll pick the driver.
It's a mystical bond between man and machine.
Son, I'm a lot of things,
but a liar's not one of them. Especially not in front of my mammy.
That's my mammy. Hey, Mammy!" Bobby waved at a couple of old folks, probably his family. The one woman flipped Bobby off, making me snort up a laugh. But I didn't it quietly to not offend the kind dealer; Bobby.
"Don't be like that. If I had a rock, I'd bust your head, bitch. I tell you, man, she deaf, you know? Well, over here, every piece of car
a man might want or need. This ain't bad."
Bobby put his hand on a car and tapped it a few times.

"This one's got racing stripes." Sam said, walking over to a yellow car with two black stripes on the hood, leading from the front to the back of the car.
"Yeah. It got racing...Yeah, what's this?
What the heck is this?
I don't know nothing about this car." Bobby exclaimed, taking another look at the car before calling his coworker over.
I raised an eyebrow. How does he not know about a car in his own dealership?
"Manny!" Bobby called, waving the man over.
"What?" Manny replied.
"What is this? This car! Check it out!" Bobby pointed to the so called mysterious car.
"I don't know, boss! I've never seen it!
That's loco!" Manny said, shrugging his shoulders.
"Don't go Ricky Ricardo on me, Manny!
Find out!" Bobby sassed, waving Manny off.
Meanwhile, Sam had gotten into the car and began to feel around, seeing if he liked it or not.
"Feels good." He complimented.
"How much?" Dad asked Bobby.
"Well, considering the semi-classic nature
of the vehicle,with the slick wheels
and the custom paint job..." Bobby thought for a moment.
"Yeah, but the paint's faded." Sam complied.
"Yeah, but it's custom."
"It's custom faded?" Sam asked. I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"Well, this is your first car.
I wouldn't expect you to understand." Bobby thought a little longer before coming up with a price.

"Five grand." He stated.
"No, I'm not paying over four. Sorry." Dad said, putting a hand on his hip.
"Kid, come on, get out. Get out the car." Bobby motioned for Sam to get out the car.
"No, no, no. You said cars pick their drivers."
Sam argued, his hands still firm on the steering wheel.
"Well, sometimes they pick a driver
with a cheap-ass father. Out the car." Sam finally got out of the car.
"Now, this one here for four Gs is a beaut."
Bobby showed Sam another car.
"There's a Fiesta with racing stripes
over there." And another.
"No, I don't want a Fiesta with racing stripes."
Sam said, being the stubborn 6 year old he is.
"This is a classic engine right here. I sold a car the other day..."
suddenly, the yellow car with black stripes began to play the radio and I don't know what happened, but something happened and all the windows on the cars in Bobby's dealership immediately broke, shattering into a million pieces. I covered my face, standing behind Dad as he put a hand infront of me in a protective way.

"Gee. Holy cow." Dad murmured.
"No, no, no. No worries." Bobby said, a little puzzled as to what exactly just happened.
"You all right?" Sam asked me, looking up at me. I nodded my head and stepped out from behind Dad, careful not to step on too many pieces of broken glass.
"I'll get a sledgehammer and knock
this right out. Hey, hey, Manny! Get your clown cousin and get some hammers and come bang this stuff out, baby! ...greater than man... That one's my favorite,
drove all the way from Alabammy."
Bobby began to think again. Sam didn't want any other car than the yellow one and all the others windows were all broken so he had no choice.

"4,000."

_______________________________
End of Chapter One.

I hope you enjoyed this Chapter!!
Stay tuned~

Words: 1619