Chapter 16. Last Words

Suddenly, I was picked up by Megatron and held away from Optimus.
"You let her go." Optimus demanded, covering his face with his mask and bringing out his weapons. "Under your command? Not a chance." Megatron held me close to his chest.
Me and Optimuses eyes met and I could see the remorse and shame in his eyes.
But he broke contact and looked back up at Megatron.
I tried to wiggle my way out of his grasp but he tightened his grip on me, making me loudly wince.
Optimus began to charge forward at Megatron but as soon as Megatron held me just off the cliff, he stopped.
"Take any step closer and she will fall to her death." Megatron threatened.
I looked down, only to see sharp rocks pointing up as a heavy river flowed at the very bottom of the cliff. I began to worry.
Optimuses eyes weakened as he seen my fear.
He stood down, placing his sword back in its place. Tears began to run down my cheeks as I looked down.
"Megatron.. please! Stop this!" I begged him, looking up to his face. His red eyes met mine, and they glowed brightly as he stared into my eyes. It was like he didn't want to do this, but had no choice.

"Megatron. Please! Stop!" Mira shouted.
Megatron paused at her words as he held her throat against a wall. "Why should I?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.
"Because, I love you." Megatrons grip loosened a little but then tightened again. She was tricking him. Just like she had before.
She had joined the Autobots behind his back and now she thinks she can just.. come back?!
Not on his watch. He began to squeeze her metal neck until it started to dent and she couldn't breath anymore.
She fell limp.
Dead.
Megatron held her body in his arms once he realized what he had done. And he cried.
Since when did he want to hurt the ones he loved so badly?
Mira was the most important thing to him. And he just threw her away like she meant nothing.

"Megatron! Don't make the same mistake you once had!" Optimus shouted.
Megatron hesitated for a moment and his guard dropped. That was the perfect moment for Optimus to attack.
Optimus brought out his sword again and hit Megatron with it, knocking him over along with me. Optimus approached me, and it looked like he was about to say something until Megatron held him back from me, pressing a bomb against his head.
"Now, Y/n. Jump off, or he dies. Choose wisely." Megatron chuckled.
"W-what?" I muttered. "You heard me."
My life or Optimus?
I stepped back from my position.
What do I do?! I don't wanna die! I can't leave Optimus! Or Sam! Or mom and Dad! I can't leave the Autobots! But neither can Optimus!
I thought for a second as fear ran throughout my body. Optimus looked at me with eyes that told me to sacrifice him. What? I can't let Optimus die! I looked at him with fearful eyes but his face softened. His mask uncovered the rest of his face but instead of a frown, a warm, small smile showed. Tears filled my eyes as he gave me a sign that said not to sacrifice myself.
He wanted to die.
Not going to happen.
I slowly walked backwards to the edge of the cliff until my foot almost slipped.
I looked down, but then back at Optimus.
With a smile on my face.
And I let myself fall.
Optimus fought Megatron as hard as he could to be let go. Megaton took the bomb off of Optimuses head and loosened his grip. But instead of looking down the cliff,
Optimus jumped.

"Y/N!" Optimus yelled as he reached down for me. I opened my eyes and seen him falling for me. "Optimus!" I yelled, looking him in his eyes. "Shit.. hold on!" Optimus swearing? That's new..
"The fuck am I supposed to hold on to?!" I shouted at him.
"Now is not the time for jokes!" Optimus yelled back. We were slowly reaching the bottom of the cliff and I looked down, the river slowly getting closer to me.
I looked back at Optimus who looked determined to get ahold of me before I hit the river. He had tears in his eyes.
My eyes widened as I looked into his eyes.
But they softened soon after.
I could no longer stand to think that I would live another day.
This was the time that I excepted my death.
Optimus looked back at me as he sobbed, not wanting to watch me die.
"Optimus.. I guess this is goodbye.." I said to him. He grinded his teeth together as he tried to reach for me.
"No! This is not goodbye!" Optimus yelled, trying to get closer to me.
"Don't waste your life on me. The Autobots need you. Ratchet needs you. The twins need you. Ironhide needs you. Bulkhead needs you.
Bumblebee needs you." I calmly said as the wind blew my hair.
Optimus cried as we got closer.
"Earth needs you."

My last words.

                                            .

Optimuses pov.

"Y/N!" I screamed as I held Y/n's limp body.
I stood in the strong river holding her body together, trying to keep her awake.
Yet she was already far gone.
She died with a smile on her face yet I still thought she was awake.
I fired up my jets on my feet and flew back up as fast as I could.
Megatron was long gone and I had transformed to my alt form, putting her body in my passenger seat. I sped through the roads, driving as fast as I could to the other Autobots. To Ratchet.
"Come on come on come on! Stay with me
Y/n.. please..!" I begged, speeding up.

                                      ———

As soon as I got to NEST, I ran to Ratchet, holding Y/n's body in my hands.
"RATCHET!" I yelled to get his attention.
When he saw me and Y/n's state, ran up to me and took her into his hands.
"What the FUCK happened?!?!" He shouted as he brought her immediately to the recovery bed. "No time to explain! Help her as best as you can! She CANNOT die!" I yelled, anger and frustration building up in me.
The Autobots forced me out of the room as Ratchet began to work on Y/n in his holoform.
Tears clogged my vision as I heard Ratchets swears in the room with Y/n.
I was forced down by Bumblebee and Ironhide.
"Optimus! Calm down!" Ironhide shouted.
But I couldn't. I couldn't stand the fact that she may be gone.

Forever.

_______________________________
End of Chapter Sixteen.

Oh how I love angst>:)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!
Stay tuned~

Words: 1146