almost ready

You rushed back to your room after your shower. With your makeup bag and hairbrush in hand, you walked as fast as you could across one of the sides of the living room hoping no one saw you since the only thing you had on was a short towel wrapped around your torso. Unfortunately, you could feel eyes on you the entire time. Quickly, you opened your bedroom door and shut it behind you.

You set your makeup bag down on the vanity and went to the closet. Everything was still in the suitcase and duffel bag, still needing to be unpacked. As you sifted through your bags, you found some suitable clothes for the occasion, a semi-short summer dress. If this isn't a date, then this outfit will be embarrassing. It was slightly wrinkled but pretty unnoticeable. After slipping the dress on, you started to dry your hair. It seemed to take longer than usual, but you probably wanted tonight to come sooner which is why time seemed against you. Once dry, you curled your hair to look neater and more fun and pulled out your makeup bag. Do I really need a bunch of makeup? It's going to be dark and Donnie isn't going to care as much as a human boy probably would. Whatever, you thought as you dumped the contents onto the desk. At this point, there was about an hour left until you planned on meeting with Donnie to head up to the surface.

After adding the finishing touches to your makeup routine, you finally felt ready. 30 more minutes until it's leaving time. I guess I could go hang out with the guys for a bit. When you finished repacking your bags and organizing both your things and thoughts, you grabbed your phone and headed for the living room. Leo and Mikey were sitting very close to the T.V. and Raph was reading a comic on the couch. Casey was sitting on the couch on the opposite side, as far from Raph as he could be. Since you didn't want to sit on the floor, you sat on the couch, closer to Raph since you were still mad at Casey for what he said earlier. Leo heard you and turned around.

"Hey (y/n) oh my god-" he stared at you, "um, you look great," he said, obviously surprised to see you dressed up. 

"Uh, thanks Leo," you nervously laughed as he smiled and turned back to the T.V. Once he turned around, Mikey whispered something in his ear something that was definitely not a whisper.

"C'mon dude, you know Donnie has a thing for her," Mikey scolded him. 

"Sorry Mikey," Leo responded sarcastically. You were trying not to laugh, the little brother scolding the older brother who also happens to be the leader. You could feel Casey watching you but you refused to look back at him. After about 20 minutes, you decided to head to Donnie's lab. As you were approaching the giant doors, one of them slid open and Donnie stepped out and when he saw you, stopped in his tracks. 

"Holy chalupa (y/n), you look amazing," he gawked as he looked you up and down.

"Aw thanks Donnie, you ready to go?" you asked as you blushed.

"Almost. I have everything put together that I'm going to take up with us, but I'm going to go check out your apartment real quick. It'll only take a couple of minutes if you're willing to wait here," he said as he shut the door behind him.

"Oh, yeah that's fine. If it's clear, we can go back and get stuff tomorrow right?" you asked.

"If it's clear, yes. But I have a feeling it won't be, but I'll take a look every day for ya' until it's clear," he replied semi-sympathetically. 

"You're the best, and yea I can wait a couple of minutes,"

"Great! I'm going to head out then, I'll be back soon." He smiled at you in a way that gave you butterflies. 

"Okay, see ya soon then," you waved and smiled back. Then, he took off, leaping over the turnstiles at the entrance of the lair, and disappearing into the subway system.

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you for almost 500 reads, that's crazy! Sorry for the later update, I've been busy with school and life stuff for the past 2 weeks, but that has calmed down a bit, so now I can get back to releasing chapters consistently and more often! <3