cut it off

THE MEN LAID OUT their findings on the cold metal table of the cell block.

"Not bad." Daryl said, examining a working flashlight alongside some others and guns.

"Flash bangs, CS triple-chasers." Rick held up a few items, looking at them closely. Willow listened, but quite honestly had no clue what they were. "Not sure how they work on walkers, but we'll take them."

Willow watched as they set down a few more items they found. Her eyes stuck on a riot mask that Daryl held up, a sick goop dripping from inside of it, her stomach churning at the sight.

"I ain't wearing this shit." Daryl mumbled, observing the disgusting state of the mask.

"We could boil 'em." T-Dog said, holding up a glove that also dripped with an unknown fluid.

"I'm gonna be sick." Willow said, wiping her mouth and stepping back from the table.

"Ain't enough firewood in the whole forest. No." Daryl shot back. "Besides, we made it this far without 'em, right?" He picked up a large metal pipe and took a practice swing before setting it back down on the table.

"Hershel?" Carol's voice rang in their ears as she stepped out of her and Lori's cell, using her head to gesture for Hershel to follow her.

"Everything all right?" Rick asked, looking intently at the woman.

"Yeah." Carol responded quickly in a sweet tone. "Nothing to worry about."

Rick eyed Hershel as he followed Carol back into the cell. Willow could tell he had something to worry about.

"Don't sweat it." Willow stepped to Rick's side, breaking his glance away from the old man. "I'm sure she's just having him do a little check up on her." Willow forced a small smile in hopes to get one back from Rick, but his face remained stone cold.

"We finding the infirmary today?" Glenn said as he walked towards them.

Rick looked over his shoulder at the boy and nodded. "You and Maggie okay to come along?"

"Yeah, of course." Glenn replied, returning back to his cell to get Maggie, the rest of them following along.

Rick picked up a few vests and other gear they had scavenged throughout the cleared areas of the prison and handed them out to Willow, Maggie, Glenn, T-Dog, and Hershel. Willow smiled down at Carl who was messing with one of the riot masks, putting it on his head only for the large mask to fall down and block his vision.

"You won't be needing that." Rick stepped over to his son, taking the mask from him. "I need you to stay put."

Carl scowled. "You're kidding!"

"We don't know what's in there." Rick stood firmly in front of him. "Something goes wrong, you could be the last man standing. I need you to handle things here."

Carl liked the thought of him being in charge of taking care of the others while they cleared other parts of the prison. He nodded. "Sure."

"Great." Rick responded, handing Carl the cell keys. "Let's go."

Willow adjusted the heavy vest on her chest and grabbed her knife out of the sheath on her side. She kept a pistol on her other side in case things got chaotic. "You got Sienna?" She turned to Carol, earning a smile and a nod from her.

"She's asleep in your cell. I'll stick around with her."

"Thanks, Carol." She smiled back at the sweet lady. She turned to the group as they began to head out of the cell block but stopped at Carol's hand around her arm.