whispers

"IT'S NOT GONNA BE EASY." 

Rick had been telling them about the plan to rebuild the bridge, and he's not wrong- it's not going to be easy at all.

"We'll start in the next few days, all of us." He stood in front of the entirety of Hilltop with his hands in his pockets. "Including the Saviors."

A few scoffs were heard and some muttering, but no one really spoke up and argued.

"I suggest you all start packing. We'll be putting up tents, and we're gonna be staying there until we get this done. We have to get this done." And with that, he turned with Michonne and went back to the horses they had Wells prepare for them. They'll be heading back to Alexandria to let them in on the plan.

"Well..." Willow turned on her heel. "What do you say? Kingdom today and the Saviors tomorrow?"

Daryl shook his head. "I'll take care of it."

She quirked an eyebrow. "Why? I have no problem-"

He shook his head again and began to trail off. "I got it, Wills."

She scowled and followed him. They used to be able to communicate easily between their communities via radio, but with the storm, that signal got wiped out with the bridge. 

"Alone?" She asked. "Really?"

"I'll take someone along." He countered, glancing around before setting his eyes on someone. "Ash."

"I'm sorry, what?" She looked across the yard to Ash on his gate shift. "You'd rather take my brother than me?"

He shrugged. "You're the one that's been pushin' me to get to know him. Now that I'm here, you're suddenly changin' your mind?"

She opened her mouth, but didn't say anything. He was right. She had been pushing him before to get to know her brother- to at least speak to him instead of share awkward and hostile glances. He never had the chance too because he got swept up with leading the Sanctuary, but now that he's here...

"All right." She sighed. "I've gotta find Sibby anyways."

He kissed the side of her head before stepping away and calling Ash down from his post.

She went to the stables first, but they were empty. Only horses and cows- no Sibby. But she heard a loud gasp from behind that had her turning quickly.

She spotted Sibby and Sienna ducked down in the garden, Sienna's mouth hanging open.

Her footsteps were fast over to them. "What's going on?" She couldn't hide the nervousness in her voice.

Sienna looked up at her with wide eyes. "Sibby just pulled apart a worm."

Willow's head hung back as she let out a sigh of relief, but still grimaced. "That's... gross."

"She said they help the plants though." Sienna went back to looking at the dirt they were digging through. 

Willow looked down at Sibby, watching her fingers dig. "Sibby, are you all right?"

Of course she wasn't all right. She watched a man get strung up.

"I'm fine." She answered cheerfully. 

Willow was taken aback by how normal she sounded. "Are you sure?"

She nodded and plucked another worm from the ground, letting it dangle in the air as she showed it to Sienna. 

It still didn't settle right with Willow. "Can we talk?"

She was still for a moment but eventually dropped the worm and followed Willow deeper into the garden, away from Sienna's listening ears.

"I'm sorry you had to see that last night. It's not something we wanted any of you to see."