cellmate

RICK LED THE GROUP through the open gate, the men rushing ahead and taking out the walkers one by one.

The more fragile of the group stayed behind the fence, making commotions to draw the walkers to them to take out. Willow and Maggie worked together, back to back, plunging their weapons into the heads of the dead that came up on them.

"Don't break rank!" Rick yelled to their small group, forming a small circle with their backs.

"We need that!" T-Dog yelled back as he rushed forward, grabbing a riot shield off of one of the deceased. He immediately slammed the shield into a stray walker, knocking it to the ground before Willow rushed forward to finish the job, stabbing the knife into the top of its head and returning back to the formation.

"Almost there." Rick called out, leading them to one of the many doors. He peeked inside before closing the door, leaning around the corner of the building and revealing another fenced in area with more walkers than they could take on. The gate was wide open, causing a panic to rise in them.

"Shit!" Rick exclaimed, forcing the group to hug the wall.

They held their backs against the wall until more walkers started to show around the corner and further ahead of them dressed in heavy armored suits. Daryl fired his crossbow at one that lingered too close, but the arrow bounced right off the riot mask the walker wore.

Rick lunged forward, swinging his machete at the walker, but it was no use. Willow pushed him aside, taking her knife in one hand and the walker's head in the other, forcing it back to create a good opening beneath its chin, driving her knife up and into its head. She panted as she tried to remove her knife, it felt lodged between the dead's jawbone, but after a few tries she finally got it removed.

Willow spun around to Maggie who was taking on another walker wearing a large gas mask. The front of the walker's face was unobtainable, but the back of its head was easily visible. Willow stepped forward with her knife raised but was slung to the ground as another walker tackled her. She grunted against its weight as it wrestled with her on the concrete, its mouth snapping only a mere few inches from her neck. She held it back with both of her hands, unable to use one to drive her knife into its head. She looked around frantically to whoever was closest.

"Glenn!" She cried out, struggling with the walker on top of her.

Glenn drove a pipe through a walker before turning to her, sprinting to her side and grabbing the walker by its shoulders, hoisting it up. She scrambled to her feet before plunging her knife into the back of the walkers head, Glenn dropping its body in front of them both.

"You good?" He asked quickly.

She nodded, wiping the sweat off of her forehead.

They snapped back into action, helping the others take on more walkers that continued to show.

"Daryl!" Rick yelled for the man as he ran to the open gate.

Daryl slammed his knife into another walker as he ran to Rick's side, holding the gate.

Rick kicked back one of the walkers that tried to escape the fence as Daryl began to shut the gate allowing Rick to seal it with the carabiners. 

Maggie, Glenn and T-Dog worked on taking out three more walkers as Willow fought another one of her own. She shoved it into the ground, ripping off the riot mask it wore. She watched in disgust as the walkers skin peeled away along with the mask, revealing its bony face structure. She hesitated a moment, nearly gagging before killing it off with her knife.

She stood up, her chest heaving and fighting for air. Looking around, she saw that the area was clear and smiled.

Glenn began to run to the gate behind them to let the rest of the group in but Rick stopped him.