the whisperers

THEY STOOD AND WATCHED Judith and Sienna have a couple goes at the dunk tank.

"I reckon I'll about dried out here presently." Eugene taunted them from above the tank. "I've seen better arms on a spiral galaxy. You couldn't even dunk a donut, let alone-"

Judith reared back her arm and threw the ball as hard as she could at the target. It hit true, and sent Eugene falling into the tank with a big splash. Sienna jumped back to prevent herself from getting soaked and Judith laughed loudly, the two of them high-fiving each other.

"They're gonna have fun." Daryl said, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "Won't even notice that we're gone."

She nodded and watched Eugene climb out of the tank with a dripping wet mop for hair. That was just one of the many activities Ezekiel and Carol had going around the Kingdom. They've already been to the horse-shoe toss, and corn hole, trying to prolong their trip as long as they could.

"I keep telling your brother to give Eugene a little break." Bonnie said with a wink, gathering the balls and handing them to Sienna. 

Ash remained leaning against one of the flagpoles, shaking his head. "Not a chance, Bon."

"We're heading out with the first group." Willow told him, watching Sienna toss a ball and miss. "We'll send word back if it's safe to come home."

He nodded and pushed off of the pole, giving Willow a firm hug before giving Daryl a manly handshake. 

"Take care, man." Ash patted his shoulder, and Daryl nodded in response.

"You're leaving already?" Sienna said after handing Judith the rest of the balls.

"Gotta make sure everythin's okay back home." Daryl gave her a side hug when she came over to them. 

Before Sienna could look the least bit worried, Willow added, "You and Sibby have to keep trading your art before the movie tonight. I'm sure there's more people who'd want it."

Sienna nodded and gave her mom a quick hug. "See you soon?"

"Of course, baby." Willow kissed the top of her head. "Have fun."

Sienna walked back a few steps with a smile before becoming immersed in getting Eugene to fall into the tank again. 

Daryl took Willow's hand and walked with her further down the street before they were stopped again by Tara.

"I really think we should all leave together." She said, stepping in front of them.

Willow shook her head. "Too many people would notice if we all go at once. We've got a good size group already, and you'll be meeting up with us with the next group tomorrow."

Tara flopped her arms in defeat with a sigh. "All right. I'll stay behind, hammer out the details of the mutual protection pact, and then I'll be right behind you."

"Thanks, Tara." Willow hugged her and gave her the usual fist bump before Tara stepped away to go talk with Ezekiel, Gabriel and Rachel.

They continued further and met up with part of their group at the gate, standing by their wagons, ready to go.

"Guys, we won't be long." Yumiko tried to assure them. Luke, Kelly and Connie stood around with glum faces. "Break a leg tonight."

Luke scratched his head, but couldn't hide the smile that came across his face. "All righty. Want you back for the second act."

Dianne, Marco, Oscar, Kal, Carol, and Michonne strolled over to complete the group, and they were officially ready to depart. They only had a few hours to make it back before sundown, and that's if they didn't run into any hardships.