carpenter and contractor

"LET'S SEE IT." Ash was the first to get to her with Sienna and Sibby when they got back.

She tilted her head. "You knew."

"Of course I did." He nudged her. "He wasn't gonna do it until he told me about it."

Willow smirked and watched Daryl from afar, already back at work gathering the tents. She held out her hand, and Ash looked confused at first, but smiled nonetheless.

"Interesting. That's not the big rock he showed me."

"That big rock was too big. Didn't fit." She looked at the ink once more before dropping her hand.

"Why would you have a rock on your hand?" Sienna giggled.

"Because she's married, idiot." Sibby teased. "Willow and Daryl sittin' in a tree-"

"Don't even finish that." Willow cut her off, pinching her lips shut.

Sibby's eyes still gleamed in amusement, but she refrained from singing more.

"What did she just say?"

Willow looked over her shoulder where Maggie stood, gawking at her.

"Is that true?" She asked, her mouth hanging slightly open.

Willow nodded, and Maggie flew over to her and quickly closed the gap between them.

"That's amazing." She gasped as she hugged Willow with a death grip.

"Thank you." She managed to breathe out. "But you're strangling me, Mags."

Maggie shut her eyes and stepped back with a smile. "I didn't know he had it in him."

She laughed and pulled out the ring from her pocket. "I can't wear it on my finger, but I want to wear it somehow."

Maggie reached under the neckline of her shirt and pulled out her necklace, her ring dangling with it. "I think I know a way."

-

Maggie fastened the clip and readjusted Willow's hair. "There."

She tilted her head as she looked in the mirror, turning the ring against her chest, the silver of the necklace complimenting it well. "You don't wear yours?"

"Only if I know I won't lose it." Maggie responded, looking at her in the reflection. "Going on runs, going into fights- I put it back on the chain."

"Speaking of fights..." She tucked the necklace and ring under her shirt and turned to Maggie. "I can't imagine this going well- building that bridge up with the Saviors. Some of them can't even stand us bringing them food and supplies. I hardly believe they'll be willing to do some manual labor with us."

Maggie trailed away and sat on the edge of the bed. "No, but I think this is gonna weed them out. Show the true colors of whoever is writing those things on the Sanctuary walls."

"I guess." She leaned against the dresser. "But what if a fight breaks out? It may just be a few, but if they get the upper hand for even a second, they could all join in and take us out. They'll see that we're vulnerable and they'll see that as their opportunity to take over."

Maggie nodded, and Willow could tell she's thought about it too. No one ever had a good feeling about the Saviors anymore, not even Rick- but they needed them if they wanted to get that bridge fixed soon.

"How are you feeling about it? Not the Saviors, but being away from Sienna?" Maggie picked at her fingers.

Willow rubbed the back of her neck. "It's gonna be hard, but I'm ready to start building the future. I need to see it being built and I need to be a part of it so I know it's real."