4

Xiao Zhan has already been staring at the ceiling for three years (three hours) on the couch beside a busy Yibo, all thanks to his hesitance to announce his departure, when Yibo's phone suddenly blasts a loud ringtone straight into his sensitive ears.

Xiao Zhan jumps on his seat in surprise, causing Yibo to snap his gaze towards Xiao Zhan.

"Are you okay?" asks Yibo, wide-eyed.

Xiao Zhan waives him off, so Yibo then moves to peek at his phone on the table to see who's calling.

"Aish.." Yibo remarks with a deep scowl on his face, pressing the reject call button rather harshly, before going back to his reading task.

Xiao Zhan frowns in confusion, but he places his hands on his lap to stop himself from being nosy and asking.

Yibo's cold glare is a bit intimidating.

Xiao Zhan is about to turn to the right side to close his eyes and force himself to sleep like a human (impossible) when the phone rings again. Xiao Zhan almost shoots up from his seat.

"Wang Yibo!" Xiao Zhan exclaims, slapping Yibo's arm, causing Yibo to turn to him with wide eyes. "Answer that goddamn call or put your phone on silent, do you mind?"

"Did you just hit me?" Yibo questions, looking Xiao Zhan up and down with a glare.

"So what?" Xiao Zhan questions, baring his teeth, before he looks at Yibo's phone screen instead. "Oh Sehun," he reads. "Why are you rejecting it? Is he your ex or something?"

Yibo scowls and pushes Xiao Zhan away. "Nonsense," Yibo mutters, before picking up the phone call. "Hello," Yibo breathes out.

Xiao Zhan leans back against the couch, twitching his lips in annoyance and crossing his arms over his chest.

He was going to answer anyway. There was no reason to break Xiao Zhan's eardrums like that before doing it.

"Omega. I've told you countless times. I have no desire to form an alliance with EXO," Yibo says, tone distant.

EXO?

Xiao Zhan pauses, eyes widening as he slowly turns to Yibo in attention and starts to eavesdrop.

[Mr. Wang, this is not about it this time,] the voice speaks from the call, causing Yibo to look at his phone screen in confusion.

"It's not him," Yibo mouths to himself. "What is it, then?" Yibo asks, frowning at his device. "And who dare take an omega's phone from him? Did you ask for consent?"

The person on the phone coughs, before chuckling. [Excuse me. Everything I do with my mate is to his liking,] he says. [He's the one who has you in his contacts and made me get his phone because this boy can't get up.]

Yibo places the phone down and sighs, rolling his eyes subtly.

Xiao Zhan searches Yibo's face as he tries to understand what the person on-call is implying.

"Let's get straight to the point. I don't have time for stupid talks," Yibo mutters, putting the person on speaker. "If not asking me to be an ally for the eighth time this month, what else?"