14*

Yibo suddenly twitches and rises to his feet, catching Xiao Zhan's immediate attention.

"What is it? Did something splash on you?" Xiao Zhan questions, quickly dispersing his compounds to follow Yibo. "Let me see."

"It's nothing. I'm fine," Yibo reassures, concealing his injured hand behind his back.

"No, it's not," Xiao Zhan insists, concern evident in his gaze as he stands. "Let me take a look," he urges, reaching out.

Yibo shakes his head stubbornly. "It's nothing," he insists, stepping back.

"Yibo," Xiao Zhan mumbles, trying to look behind him. "Show me," he urges.

Yibo clicks his tongue, brows furrowing. "It's really not necessary," he insists, but his eyes widen when Xiao Zhan attempts to reach for him. "Stop it. I'm fine, Zhan-ge. It's just acid. It will heal."

Xiao Zhan meets Yibo's eyes before tearing off a piece of his shirt. "Then at least let me clean it."

"I told you, I'm fine," Yibo persists, frowning.

Xiao Zhan sighs helplessly. As a last resort, he heightens his olfactory senses and detects the scent of blood. "You're still bleeding."

Yibo turns to look and realizes his palm isn't injured from acid as he initially thought.

"It's the silver that splashed onto you," Xiao Zhan concludes, hurrying to Yibo's side. "Give me your hands, quick."

Yibo chews on his lips, hesitant, but eventually complies.

Xiao Zhan pats his skin clean from blood, before wrapping it with cloth. "I'm really sorry. I'm the one who told you I'd show it to you."

"I'm healing slower than normal because of the border spell... Not your silver," Yibo murmurs as Xiao Zhan tends to his hand. "Don't say sorry, gege," he mutters, pouting as he follows Xiao Zhan's eyes. "It doesn't hurt that much.."

Xiao Zhan gives him a stern look. "Silver burns, Yibo. I know how it burns. Don't lie to me."

"But I'm not lying," Yibo insists. "I've endured worse," he says. "And I'm used to the feeling of silver burns, so don't worry about me, Zhan-ge."

"You can't just tell me not to worry about you," Xiao Zhan reprimands, looking up at Yibo pointedly. "I'm your boyfriend, of course I worry about you."

Yibo falls silent. His eyes widen, and he looks away.

Boyfriend...

"Am I not? Are we not dating?" Xiao Zhan asks.

"We are," Yibo speaks quickly. He realizes how excited he just sounded, but he can't care less.

It's Xiao Zhan we're talking about here.

"We are. You're my boyfriend," he says. "I'm Zhan-ge's boyfriend."

"And future fiancé," Xiao Zhan corrects audibly, looking down at Yibo's injured hand.

Yibo forgets to breathe.

"Or not?" Xiao Zhan hesitates, glancing at Yibo. "If I introduce myself to your parents as someone wanting to marry you, are you sure they'd like vampires?"

Yibo bites his lips to stop himself from making embarrassed giddy sounds, but a small happy hum still escapes. "M-Mm, I'm sure they'll let me marry you."

"Because it's good for your place?"

Yibo remains silent for a few seconds before nodding. "Yeah, I guess."

"Where is your place?"

Yibo lifts his glance. "My place?"

"Yes."