2

"Your territory is huge." At last, the deafening silence is broken.

It's been a few minutes since Xiao Zhan had quietly told Yibo his full name, to which Yibo had responded with a smile, saying that he didn't know what to reply to Xiao Zhan but also that he'd remember his name.

But really, who wouldn't?

Yibo doesn't know if his mouth spouts the best words, or if there should've been better things to say, but it's best to just let people know exactly what's on his mind.

Yibo glances to his right while leading them to his house to look at Xiao Zhan tailing behind him through his periphery. "What do you mean?" he decides to ask.

Xiao Zhan chuckles in response, and Yibo quickly faces forward, eyes slightly widening as he's caught off guard by it.

'People say vampires have seductive voices,' Yibo gives himself an excuse, but he closes his eyes in defeat when he remembers how he isn't even affected by omega's sweet scents in heat, which already says a lot.

All these years, Yibo had always only helped omegas and played along with their primal needs. He had always been the one who gets asked to attend to them, and he had never felt sexual attraction to anyone who had ever visited his lair.

But now—

"I meant it's really big for only one person. Unless you have someone special here, that is," Xiao Zhan says after some time, trailing off at the last word, which makes Yibo's breath hitch, suddenly wanting to tell (or assure) Xiao Zhan he's not mated to an omega, and will never be.

"I have no such company," Yibo speaks, clearing his throat when he notices his words sounding so rushed. He quickens his walking pace and thanks all the moon gods that they are already only about ten steps away from his house.

"You're all alone? Isn't it lonely?" Xiao Zhan speaks after a few seconds.

Yibo halts in his steps with a silent gasp, before lowering his gaze.

That's a question he doesn't want to be asked at a time like this.

Moon gods, he'd rather worry about not being too obvious on checking Xiao Zhan's face out rather than being asked such repeated questions.

Yibo sighs, turning to Sean and smiling weakly. "We're here," he says, breaking eye contact immediately to open his front door and step in first. "Don't worry about the mud and water. It's easy to clean," he assures, glancing at Xiao Zhan when he feels that the vampire hasn't moved from where he stands.

Xiao Zhan looks at Yibo like he's waiting for something, which makes Yibo furrow his eyebrows.

"Why?"

Xiao Zhan breathes out a soft laugh. "Let me in?" he asks, smiling.

"Oh," Yibo remarks, lips parting in both realization and embarrassment. "Yeah, come in."

Xiao Zhan eyes him and shakes his head in amusement as he puts his hands behind his back. "I thought you were trying to test something on me."

"No," Yibo says quickly, forming a thin line with his lips as he watches Xiao Zhan step inside, the vampire's eyes instantly wandering around his space like an austere spectator, causing him to immediately feel self-conscious.

"Your place is nice and neat."

Yibo leans into Xiao Zhan subtly, surprised by the praise, before he turns around to look at his own house. He winces at the sight in front of him. "You think so?"

Mr. Xiao Sean for sure meant it sarcastically.

Yibo's couch is filled with shirts and sweaters that he'd scented, while the table is crowded by his phone, a bunch of messy papers, and a big notebook spread open.