16

Xiao Zhan stares at Yibo's face with a fond smile while brushing Yibo's hair back. "Go sleep," he whispers.

"Zhan-ge," Yibo says, leaning up for another kiss.

"Aiya, gouzaizai," Xiao Zhan breathes, avoiding Yibo's advances. "No more. You should sleep."

"Just one more.."

"Yibo," Xiao Zhan lightly scolds, patting on Yibo's shoulder. "Sleep. We can do all that tomorrow."

Yibo humphs, pulling Xiao Zhan closer by his waist. "Why tomorrow? We can do this all day."

Xiao Zhan's eyes widen. "Do what all day?"

"Kissing."

"Oh." Xiao Zhan breathes out in relief. "You have to rest though. Aren't you tired from earlier?"

"Hm.." Yibo looks up as if to think with a smiley pout. "What about Zhan-ge?" he asks. "Is your waist okay?"

Xiao Zhan frowns. "Why would it not be?" Xiao Zhan says, pushing himself up to sit against the headboard. "I'm a vampire."

Yibo giggles. "You must've overexerted your body there..." He slides down to the pillows and looks up at Xiao Zhan. "Be careful of your waist, Zhan-ge."

Xiao Zhan scoffs. "Screw you, Wang Yibo."

"You actually just did," Yibo speaks, blinking slowly while nodding. "Is that you asking to do it again?"

Xiao Zhan looks at Yibo in disbelief, but Yibo merely smiles. "Wow."

This man has absolutely no shame.

Xiao Zhan chuckles and proceeds to get up and off the bed, but then he feels something strange about his waist, making him pause.

"That's weird.." Xiao Zhan remarks, frowning in confusion and pressing his hand into his back.

"What is it?" Yibo asks, and he's curling his fingers around Xiao Zhan's wrist after shuffling closer to him, pressing his two fingers over his pulse point.

Xiao Zhan turns his face to Yibo, smiling weakly. "Nothing. I'm just thinking, the tiredness in my body should be gone now. It's been two hours," Xiao Zhan murmurs. "But... my waist.."

"Yeah?" Yibo asks, looking up at Xiao Zhan while pressing his lips to the back of Xiao Zhan's hand.

"The fatigue on my body from our, ehem... It's lingering.." Xiao Zhan realizes, and his eyes widen. "Yibo. Is this because of the border spell?"

Yibo furrows his eyebrows, humming a 'no'. "For disabling properties, the border spell suppresses shifting abilities and silver regeneration only of werewolves, Zhan-ge."

Xiao Zhan tilts his head, and he lifts his leg back to the bed, settling himself on his calves. "Then why do I feel like this? Absorbing magic affects my supernatural energy, but not my human-like body. So it can't be that."

Yibo furrows his eyebrows and looks down. "That's weird.."

Xiao Zhan ponders on it until his eyes catch on the purple-red bruises on Yibo's neck from the love bites he made. "Those marks," Xiao Zhan exclaims, eyes wide.

Yibo raises his gaze. "Why?" Yibo asks, following Xiao Zhan's line of sight.

Xiao Zhan breathes out, eyes wavering in confusion as he reaches for the collar of Yibo's shirt and pulls it down, further revealing more of the hickeys on his shoulders.

"What's wrong, ge?"

"These shouldn't heal this slow," Xiao Zhan mutters, before lifting his eyes to meet Yibo's. "Unless—"