25

Yibo falls harshly into the ground after being thrown, and the soil rubs into the deep burns on his skin.

Yibo winces at the sharp stings, but still forces himself to get up immediately, proving to no avail because of his arm giving out due to fatigue.

He hears the crunch of autumn leaves, and he quickly lifts his gaze warily, only to see the figure of a black wolf tearing apart the seer wizard who attacked him earlier.

Yibo exhales, falling back down against the soil with a grunt, clutching his abdomen as he feels the heavy build-up of thick liquid in his throat.

"Yibo-nim."

Yibo blinks up hazily as he feels himself getting touched and pulled up to sit, making him instinctively refuse anyone's help, reaching up to push him away.

"Yibo-nim. It's Chanyeol. You don't need to worry. We won't hurt you."

Yibo frowns. He's unable to put any word to coherence so he grunts, and his throat and stomach constrict, causing him to cough out blood.

"Shit. He was heavily injured by that spell, Baekhyun hyung."

Yibo's eyelids are heavy, but he recognizes it as Sehun's voice, and he slowly shakes his head as the words start to make sense to him.

"No, Sehun. His injuries are most probably from the border spell on his territory. The wizard won't know how to harm him with magic."

"Are you sure, Chanyeol hyung?"

"Yes. We've been given information. His body switches a positive spell to a negative spell, and a negative spell into a positive one. That wizard shot a negative spell to him for sure."

Yibo breathes out at another voice, humming as he lifts his hand, looking for Sehun. "You.."

"Yibo hyung." He feels someone hold his forearm, and he furrows his brows.

"I've been calling you. I wanted to say.." Yibo breathes. "..let's talk it out... Why didn't you answer?"

"I'm sorry. We were out hunting."

Yibo clicks his tongue, a deep frown on his eyebrows as he feels someone wiping his face with a cloth. He weakly turns his head away.

"Your mate is a pack doctor... Why don't you.. just take me.. to your territory.."

Sehun doesn't answer for several seconds, and Yibo blinks up at him before he winces at the wounds on his arms slowly healing.

"You mean you'll let us neutralize you, hyung? You'll enter our territory. Y-You said you won't if—"

"Sehun, let's not pressure hi—"

"Yes," Yibo interrupts. "So just take me there. I need to heal, and we'll talk it out." Yibo swallows as he feels the fatigue slowly rushing back into his mind. "Don't even dare hurt me. You know who'll come after you."

It's certainly Sehun who huffs. "I know, hyung. We know. Everyone knows."

Yibo feels himself floating, and he closes his sighs in slight disapproval when he realizes he's being lifted, but he eventually lets himself doze off to rest.

* * * * *

Xiao Zhan lets his blood drip from his palm as he walks up the stairs to Chongqing palace, modifying it to form silk, making a flowy red coat wrap drape around his shoulders.

Xiao Zhan pulls the crimson hood forward, letting it further frame his face as the two doors of the entrance open, and he lifts his empty gaze to look down at the vampires situated inside.