22

A/N: Thank you so much for 2k+ reads! I'll do my best in the future, too. ❤️

Enjoy the new update ^^

* * * * *

"You're expecting guests?"

Yibo looks back down at Xiao Zhan. "No, Zhan-ge," Yibo mumbles in a confused haze, letting go of Xiao Zhan's wrists before getting up and off the bed.

"Must be Sehun?" Xiao Zhan suggests, following Yibo with his eyes.

"H-Hm?" Yibo asks, turning his head to Xiao Zhan, his fingers freezed around the doorknob.

"He was calling yesterday," Xiao Zhan explains, hopping off the bed to stride toward Yibo. "Maybe he also called today."

Yibo chews on the inside of his lips, eyes hesitant. "Do I really have to talk to him?"

Xiao Zhan almost gets lost in those cute, wide eyes. "Well—" Xiao Zhan gets to speak, but he is then interrupted by another doorbell. He shrugs. "I do think so," he finally states.

Yibo searches through Xiao Zhan's eyes, before nodding. "Alright, ge."

Xiao Zhan accompanies Yibo to his front door, swallowing as he eyes Yibo's hand twisting the knob.

'If it is EXO,' Xiao Zhan thinks, 'they might confirm today if my theory is correct.'

"Yibo-nim. Sean-nim."

Xiao Zhan breathes out, eyes wavering when he lifts his gaze to see that it's Sehun outside the door.

Yibo makes a sharp intake of breath. "How did you enter my territory without permission?" Yibo asks.

Sehun smiles, gesturing to his left where someone else is walking to Sehun from what seems to be around Yibo's house. "My alpha is immune to magic, Yibo-nim. Sean-nim also knows this. If I'm close to my alpha, then I'm also protected from any kind of magic."

"Greetings," Mr. Vanilla-scent (according to Yibo) says, bowing to both of them.

"Greetings," Xiao Zhan replies. "What brings the two of you here?"

Yibo's breath hitches at the question, glancing at Xiao Zhan.

"We.." Sehun starts, glancing at his mate for a second. "We came here to clarify what we know." He sighs, about to talk more when Yibo interrupts him.

"I don't think you know anything."

Sehun's mate, or EXO's pack leader, holds Sehun back and visibly fakes a smile. "I respectfully disagree, Sir," he says. "Our pack has a real werewolf wizard, and he's able to see the color of magic. I do believe he's credible enough."

Yibo raises his eyebrows. "Really," he says. "What did he see, then?"

"He saw your shadow," Sehun states. "Emerald green. Now we understand why Chen hyung was told to have a shadow of an alpha protecting him before. That's what it must've meant."

Yibo lifts his gaze to Sehun, frowning. "Shadow of an alpha?" he echoes.

"Yes, hyung. Back then, when Chen hyung and I still weren't members, our union was led by a seer wizard."

"I'm aware."

"Of course, Yibo-nim. Our main leader told me that you were the one who killed him long after D.O. drove him out of the territory."

Xiao Zhan freezes. If he killed a seer wizard who led a union before, does that mean...

"He hurt omegas by tweaking fate and even mate pairs. He hurt you and Chen. He deserved to die," Yibo retaliates.