1

Xiao Zhan maintains a subtle disgusted expression as he walks along the trees stretching up to the night sky of South Korea.

The only reason he's been patient exploring nothing but trees for about two hours now is D.O.'s words endlessly replaying in his head: "To be a visiting ally is to be familiar with the positioning of the union's territory in the woods. It is also helpful to get acquainted with the faces of our members that you might encounter."

Xiao Zhan, not having been given a single map of the union's territory, is left to wander aimlessly around the forest.

"Just give it a try~!"

Xiao Zhan winces at the loud voice, hands twitching with the instinct to cover his ears, but he chooses to just tone down his auditory sense instead.

"Tell me if you want to give me a butterfly."

Xiao Zhan purses his lips, tilting his head to the sound after hearing the same voice again, suddenly interested in the bizarre topic, his shoes causing small crackling sounds as they crash the fallen leaves under them.

"I do want to give you a butterfly. In fact, we can use a lot of them," a new voice resonates, along with the sound of crickets imitative to Xiao Zhan's state of mind.

Because what is this topic about small insects and why is it not getting changed?

Xiao Zhan's eyebrows furrow, and he turns to the noise altogether.

"It'll make you happy."

Xiao Zhan's lips part in subtle shock as he finally sees the two people talking, settled in a certain position that suggests they might be lovers.

Xiao Zhan suddenly feels a sense of shame. He shouldn't be here, should he?

One of them is sitting on what looks like a picnic mat, while the other is on the former's lap.

But thank goodness they are both fully clothed.

Xiao Zhan looks away swiftly out of respect, a soft smile on his face, putting his hands together behind his back and turning away to leave, until one of them speaks again.

"My alpha wants butterflies to make me happy."

Alpha?

Xiao Zhan freezes in place, his smile dropping as his eyes widen in realization.

He hastily turns on his heels to look back, causing the one sitting on the mat to snap his eyes toward his direction because of the noise he just made.

Xiao Zhan stumbles back as a swarm of blue butterflies passes through his eyes before circling the two strangers.

Xiao Zhan frowns in confusion, setting off to abruptly get away from them and continue looking for D.O.'s union, mouthing a silent curse to himself.

That's enough werewolves for today.

Xiao Zhan walks using his vampire speed and goes in another direction in hopes of finding EXO's territory in the woods. In such case that he fails to do so before midnight, he'll just have to return to his temporary place on the street adjacent to D.O.'s (the one humans left vacant in fear of said hybrid) where Xiao Zhan had stored enough human blood to get him by for the month.