7

A/N: Happy hearts' day to our YiZhan! ❤️💚 Here's a treat from me to celebrate~

* * * * *

Yibo had never felt this on edge during a rut before.

He itches to press his fingertips into Xiao Zhan's once more, longs to do that to Xiao Zhan over and over again.

This is all his fault.

This is all Xiao Zhan's fault.

You are cruel, Zhan-ge.

Sehun scratches his head. "Are you serious, Mr. Wang?" Sehun asks, sighing as he sits back down on the bed. "You won't help me at all?"

"No, sorry." Yibo smiles as politely as he can, shaking his head. "I don't know how to cook."

"Okay," Sehun whispers, nodding to himself. "Okay," he repeats, pressing his lips together to probably keep his disappointment unobservable. "I guess I can go some days without eating."

"Uh, or eat fresh meat?" Yibo says, furrowing his eyebrows. "Right?"

"I brought the ingredients and condiments here to cook them," Sehun says, looking up at Yibo. "I can't waste all the effort me and my alpha used to get those ready."

Yibo mentally rolls his eyes. The alpha did all the work for sure, with how spoiled this kid is. Sehun won't even change his plans for circumstances like this.

"Can you even cook?" Yibo questions, the words from his mind flying right out of his mouth.

"Of course, I can."

Yibo looks away and feigns indifference. "Good for you."

"Lunchtime is approaching. I can't just lie to my alpha that I have eaten," Sehun trails off, patting on the bed and getting up. "I'll ask for Sean-nim's help."

Yibo's demeanor breaks at this, and he flicks his eyes toward Sehun faster than lightning. "Wait."

Sehun blinks at Yibo. "Why?"

"I'll be the one to call him. Stay here," Yibo says, averting his gaze as he's about to head back to his room himself.

"Yibo-nim."

Yibo pauses, turning to Sehun. "Yes?"

"Sean-nim's scent is nice on you."

Yibo opens his mouth to talk but decides not to, biting the inside of his cheek.

He takes off with a hint of an angry stomp on his first step, annoyed that somebody else has gotten a whiff of his Zhan-ge.

* * * * *

Xiao Zhan jumps when Yibo suddenly storms inside the room, the hinges of the door shrieking. Yibo proceeds to rummage through his bedside drawer, breathing through light huffs.

Xiao Zhan trails behind Yibo, observing the frown on Yibo's face while he snatches out a certain bottle and uncaps it.

"Yibo?"

"I smell like you," Yibo retorts, eyebrows furrowed as he starts spraying on himself.

Xiao Zhan blinks, raking his eyes over Yibo's frame.

And then he steps back, offended, realizing that Yibo is trying to cover the very smell he said he desired on Xiao Zhan earlier. "I'm sorry?"

"He can smell your scent. I hate it," Yibo says, turning to Xiao Zhan hastily. "Only I should be able to."

Oh.

Xiao Zhan, unable to form words, resorts to looking down at Yibo's hand gripping the spray bottle.