18

A/N: Feel free to vote and comment if you like the chapter~

Your feedback makes me happy and helps me to stay motivated for updating ❤️

* * * * *

Yibo silently watches while Xiao Zhan talks to 'Wang Zhuocheng' through the phone, telling him that D.O. is going to talk to him about matters that may concern him and 'Wen Junhui'.

By now, Yibo is already aware that Wang Zhuocheng is a vampire wizard of Chongqing, who obtained his magic from being exposed to the scattered energy from the spells of the evil werewolf wizards Xiao Zhan had killed to protect Chongqing.

Specifically the Head Wizard at the moment, Wang Zhuocheng is tasked to lead the vampires who gained their magic the same way and to guide them in using what they have in helping take care of Chongqing.

Wen Junhui, on the other hand, is a fellow shapeshifting vampire, who was with Xiao Zhan during that battle which made the latter vampire king of the city.

Compared to Xiao Zhan though, Wen Junhui didn't train himself in magic manipulation, only focused on the flexibility and adaptability of his shapeshifting abilities.

As Yibo heard Xiao Zhan discuss with Wang Zhuocheng a lot of times within a few days, Wen Junhui and his friend, Xu Minghao, are currently missing, and Chongqing doesn't have a hint of where there are besides the fact that Xu Minghao's betrothed husband has also disappeared from the public eye.

Yibo chews on the insides of his lips while letting Xiao Zhan's words flow incoherently through his ears, focusing only on Xiao Zhan's melodious voice and Xiao Zhan's hand in his as his own thoughts drift away.

Yibo starts to think of his own city, Beijing, and the direct, personal aid he used to be able to give to his people.

Now he can only play a role behind the scenes, merely being able to discuss with his parents in an asynchronous manner about matters that involve the current regulations of werewolves in the city.

He cannot say that he doesn't miss his life thirteen years ago, or the life he'd lived in Beijing. There were a lot of pros and cons of being Beijing's prince, but most of his years there were beautiful, because Xiao Zhan was there for most of it, visiting the palace every other week.

Yibo used to peek through the small window of the magic headquarters and excuse it as 'keeping watch of the guest' while Xiao Zhan trained. He also used to ask his parents to help him deliver small gifts and ornaments to Xiao Zhan.

Yet to think that it's so much different now, after that incident, Yibo could only look around his huge territory at the Northern Vast Woods in South Korea and make himself believe that it should be enough.

Now Xiao Zhan is with him.

It can suffice, even when he is also aware that Xiao Zhan's stay in his house is nearing its end.

Yibo wonders if Xiao Zhan would really take him to Chongqing once the one month is over.

And then Yibo wonders if he is capable of coming with him.

* * * * *

"Greetings, Mr. Xiao," EXO's pack leader, 'textbook alpha' greets, bowing to Xiao Zhan.

"Good day," Xiao Zhan says, smiling as he puts his hand over his fist. "Our stay shall be no more than a day, as agreed upon."

"Absolutely," the pack leader replies, before shifting his glance to Yibo behind Xiao Zhan. "Welcome to our territory, Mr. Wang. I'm pleased to know that you finally agreed to visit our place."