27

A/N: About 2 chapters left! 🥀

* * * * *

Yibo's dream starts the same way for the sixth time.

In this dream, he's doing what he used to do three centuries ago, at the same period that Xiao Zhan was training in Beijing.

Yibo sits himself down on his usual place in the imperial cave, bringing out tiny trinkets that he bought last week. Several small pieces will form different designs once constructed and put together.

(In the present, this old hobby of Yibo had already manifested into taking a liking in LEGO sets

(In the present, this old hobby of Yibo had already manifested into taking a liking in LEGO sets.)

Yibo turns his head to the opening of the cave where his guards stayed when they entered the cave, expecting them to inform him if Chongqing Head Warrior Xiao had already awaken from resting after his training yesterday as he ordered them.

But the guards only tell him that it is going to rain, so he hums a small reply, pouting as he returns to his leisure activity.

Yibo pauses, though, when the fire lighting the cave gets put out, making his eyes widen and his hands freeze when the surroundings blacks out.

Yibo knows that he had a condition even when he was born a zilch, which is that even when he is a werewolf, he doesn't have the ability to see through darkness.

He lifts his legs up the stone he's seated in and looks around aimlessly, breathing out before swallowing an impending scream.

This is until he feels the shift in surroundings, a sapphire blue light sparking into the pitch black area.

Yibo stiffens as he feels someone hold his hands. The unknown person takes off his wrist guards before wrapping them with the cloth kind as replacement.

As the touch prolongs, Yibo starts to have the hunch of who it is.

"Your Highness."

Yibo follows the direction of the stranger's voice. The physical contact ceases, and Yibo forgets to move.

"Ah," Yibo remarks, blinking quickly when he realizes. "Chongqing Head Warrior Xiao. Greetings."

Head Warrior Xiao lets out a chuckle, and Yibo's heart instantly flutters. Like always.

"Your Highness. Just Xiao-xiansheng is fine."

"Mm. Then just Wang Yibo is also fine."

Head Warrior Xiao laughs softly. "That might be a stretch. This one is a humble apprentice of Beijing's Head Wizard. I dare not call their prince his own name. And! I don't think His Highness should've entrusted me with such knowledge."

Yibo feels his chest bubbling with the sound of Warrior Xiao's honey voice, but he starts to feel the hints that all of this is a mere chimera.

"I'm dreaming," he mutters.