23

330 years ago

Xu Liangzhu (16 y/o)

"A-Zan?"

Xu Liangzhu raised his head from where he was writing a letter to be sent to Beijing this week, meeting the gaze of the one sitting in front of him. "Yes, mother?"

"How do you feel, A-Zan? Is there anything you're uncomfortable with about this?"

Xu Liangzhu showed a soft smile. "I'm alright, mother. He's my future destined mate anyway. There's no problem arranging a marriage. I also do think it is a good decision."

Xu Liangzhu's mother hummed. "Sweetheart, I am not talking about Beijing.. I am talking about your rank."

Xu Liangzhu's hand stilled, the brush left pressing against the parchment paper, before he let out a breath and lifted it away, dabbing it on more ink and staring at it instead as he spoke. "Is Mother talking about my being a prince, or being an omega?"

"Can my sweet A-Zan answer both?"

Xu Liangzhu's breath hitched, and he intaked air shakily before setting his brush down.

Silence echoed around the pavilion for several seconds, and Xu Liangzhu felt his mother's worried gaze at him like it was simmering under his skin.

For an Anshan werewolf like Xu Liangzhu, who excelled in literature, hunting, arts, and also Anshan rituals, it must be hard for both the Anshan pack's members and Xu Liangzhu to get over the surprise of the rank he presented with the last day.

Xu Liangzhu's mother worried that it may not have represented Xu Liangzhu's character and nature at all.

"I had a dream last night after praying to moon god Yuanfen, mother," Xu Liangzhu shared, hands placed over his lap, keeping his gaze down the table. "I got a glimpse of my future mate."

[Yuánfèn (缘分): Moon God of Fated Souls]

Xu Liangzhu pressed his lips together before he continued.

"We were with each other enjoying the breeze outside on a bright, spring day. I brought some of our books and we read them together," Xu Liangzhu narrated. "He isn't forceful or demanding, but he's rather sweet and caring. I have realized, that if I am to be with a mate, I don't believe it matters who is the alpha, I just hope for a relationship with pure and everlasting love."

"Oh, my dear A-Zan

"Oh, my dear A-Zan.."

Xu Liangzhu's mother got up from her seat and headed to him, and Xu Liangzhu readily turned to her, a wide grin on his face as his mother embraced him tight in her arms. "Mother," he breathes.

"My Zan-Zan had grown so quickly. I'm not ready to see my Xiao Zan getting married to a Beijing alpha and building his own family with him yet.."

[Xiǎo (小) as in little]