5

'You're the alpha vampire of Chongqing, Xiao Zhan.

Keep it together.'

That's right. Being with this werewolf is even delaying the tasks he has to perform here in South Korea.

His plans are for the people of Chongqing.

There shall be no personal matters to indulge in.

Xiao Zhan hears himself sigh in disagreement though, and so he frowns at himself for not cooperating.

When he hesitatingly looks back at Yibo, the younger is wincing in his sleep, eyes moving behind his eyelids.

"Zhan-ge," Yibo whispers, voice rich with sleep, reaching out to his own chest. "He's here."

Xiao Zhan gazes at Yibo in concern, before he helps the other sit up properly. "Oh Sehun?"

Yibo hums from his throat, before he leans against the couch, breathing slowly as he starts to open his eyes.

"How do you know?"

Yibo glances at Xiao Zhan with a soft smile, gesturing to his chest. "When an omega in heat is near the territory," Yibo starts, pressing his palm against his heart, "it tightens uncomfortably."

Xiao Zhan's shoulders drop as he gazes at Yibo's face.

"Yibo," Xiao Zhan lets his concern slip into his voice, eyebrows furrowed at the younger as he reaches over and presses two fingers against his chest. "Does it hurt you when that happens?"

Yibo looks up at Xiao Zhan, before shaking his head from side to side, holding Xiao Zhan's arm subconsciously.

Xiao Zhan closes his eyes and tries to feel what happens to Yibo's heart, making him wince in shock and pain. "Shit. This hurts, Bo-di."

"I'm used to it by now."

"Aren't you so young?" Xiao Zhan asks, meeting Yibo's gaze. "You feel about a hundred years old," he whispers.

"Three hundred twenty-two," Yibo whispers, chuckling when Xiao Zhan widens his eyes at him. "Maybe I'm even older than you."

"Close but no. 328."

Yibo raises his eyebrows, before quickly averting his eyes.

"Why?"

"San er ba," Yibo recites the numbers one by one, laughing softly.

Xiao Zhan stares at Yibo's reddening ears and tilts his head in confusion. "Why are you laughing?"

"San er ba," Yibo states, looking up at Xiao Zhan with a bashful gaze. "Zhan ai Bo," he explains.

Xiao Zhan blinks at him slowly in surprise, before he clears his throat, retrieving his hand. "I-I don't love you," Xiao Zhan mutters, his words mushed together, and his eyes trained on his lap. "I don't love you."

Not yet.

Shit.

Xiao Zhan glares up at Yibo subtly. "Don't joke like that."

Yibo pouts at Xiao Zhan. "You're too serious," Yibo mumbles, before making a show of dusting off his clothes and hands where Xiao Zhan touched him. "I know you don't like werewolves. No need to be so blatant about it."

"It's not that I don't like werewolves—" Xiao Zhan sighs. "I'm just repulsed by their ways."

"By our ways."

"By your ways, yes," Xiao Zhan agrees, crossing his arms over his chest and clearing his throat by coughing.

"But you said you came here to Korea to understand the nature of werewolves more," Yibo says. "Are you not starting to understand us?"