24

Present

Xiao Zhan slams the door open, and Yibo flicks his gaze up at the loud sound, shocked out of his trance.

"Zhan-ge." Yibo gawks at the door before shifting his glance back to Xiao Zhan. "H-How.. Where did you get the keys?"

Xiao Zhan's expression is tense, eyebrows furrowed, jaw tight as he throws the key on the bed. "Is that really what matters, Wang Yibo? Not that you are trying to close yourself off from me?" he snarls. "What am I to you? What do you even think about what we have?"

Yibo's lips twitch, and he wanders his eyes down his bed. "Gege made this from his blood, didn't he?"

Xiao Zhan frowns, and he takes a deep inhale. "Wang Yibo," he says, heading towards Yibo and holding his arm as he means to make Yibo look at him. "You—Talk to me!"

Yibo doesn't meet his gaze, only wordlessly pulling himself from Xiao Zhan's hold and climbing up the bed, picking up the key and inspecting it with feigned curiosity. "Xiao laoshi is really good at everything.."

Xiao Zhan stares in disbelief. "Do you really not take our relationship seriously, Wang Yibo?" Xiao Zhan questions. "I want to talk this out and you're being like this?!"

Yibo's eyes visibly shake, before he makes a thin line with his lips. "I'm the didi. Of course, I'm so much more inexperienced compared to you, Xiao-qianbei," Yibo whispers, before his gaze falls. "Could you maybe teach me your ways?"

Xiao Zhan begins to tremble with fury, offended that Yibo keeps on ignoring how he needs to communicate with him, paying no heed to how Xiao Zhan feels so confused and betrayed right now, how he doesn't care how Xiao Zhan fears that all of this was a joke or a game to Yibo, or, or—

Xiao Zhan's sight catches on his bag beside the bed, noticing how it's closed and looks full.

His spiraling thoughts begin to collapse and fade when he looks around Yibo's room and all his things are nowhere where he placed them.

Xiao Zhan's clenched fists drop, and he lets go of his elemental manipulation of what Yibo is holding as a key as the realization dawns on him.

Yibo is sending him off.

Yibo lets out a loud breath at the loss, and his eyes drift close, palms shaking as he presses Xiao Zhan's blood into his chest, staining his shirt crimson.

"Please don't l-leave, Zhan-ge."

Xiao Zhan's heart grows perplexed, but nothing seems to matter at the very moment aside from that Yibo is aching, and how Yibo looks like he's about to break any second.

Xiao Zhan pushes himself forward, his lips parted and trembling in worry as he quickly heads to Yibo and pulls him into his embrace, Yibo's hands trapped in between their bodies as he holds Yibo so close until he can feel his heartbeat to his skin. "Bo-di.."

"Zhan-ge.. I'm sorry," Yibo's voice is strained and hoarse with tears, and Xiao Zhan swears he hears himself shattering while he desperately tries to tighten his hold on Yibo, wanting to make the younger feel safe and assured that he doesn't plan to leave Yibo like that, that he won't leave if Yibo doesn't drive him away, that he won't leave.

He can't just leave.

But Yibo's sobs only get louder, and Xiao Zhan couldn't do anything.

"Yibo.." Xiao Zhan breathes out like he's just been stabbed, and he can only rub Yibo's back to try and calm the younger one down, even as he himself is confused and needs to be assured.

"Why, then, are you making me leave," Xiao Zhan trails off, his stomach dropping as he glances at his things, "while also asking me to stay, Yibo? Why do you confuse my heart? If you want me to stay, then why?"