EIGHTEEN

I'm walking through the streets of Monaco on Wednesday, as I'm about to meet up with Charlotte. We're long overdue to catch up again, and with all the developments in my relationship as well, this seemed like the perfect moment. 

It was also the perfect moment, as I was about to leave the city for more than two weeks. The sudden break in Lando and I's relationship giving me the perfect chance to go full tour mode for the next two countries. With a concert in Dusseldorf on Saturday and Berlin onThursday and then two in Warsaw the week after, it seemed like a perfect excuse the get some me time in. Well girls time, as Ellis, Ava and Evi will of course be joining me pretty much everyday. 

I walk into the small restaurant Charlotte and I had decided to got to, spotting one of my best friends immediately. I take a seat across from her as a waiter is quick to approach us for drinks. Even if it is the middle of the day, we both decide it's our time to enjoy as we both opt for a cocktail. 

Once the waiter brings over our drinks, and we both order lunch, we hold a mini photoshoot. Using the beautiful cocktails we were given as props. Without thinking, we post a few of the pictures on Instagram. The comment section immediately flooding with F1 fans. 

"I keep forgetting all these fan girls are still following me." Charlotte chuckles, holding her phone up to show me a lot of fans going crazy on the fact that we still hang out with each other. People had assumed that now that Charlotte and Charles had officially called it quits, I would stop hanging out with her too.  

"It's annoying really." I say, scrolling through my comments. "Mine are all about how I should be spending time with Lando instead of other people." 

"People just don't respect boundaries. Like the guy in the corner behind you, he's been subtly taking photos of us since you walked in." Charlotte points out, before waving the waiter over, and explaining to him that we do not feel comfortable with the actions the other customer was doing. 

The restaurant manager even ended up throwing him out of the restaurant for harassment, much to our pleasure. This would definitely be something Charlotte and I would keep on referring to whenever we'd see each other again. 

The lunch was amazing, we'd been able to catch up a lot. Charlotte seemingly interested in Lando and I's break, wanting to know every detail, which meant having to tell her about Pierre too. She even told me that there we rumours that Pierre had taken Estebans girlfriend at some point, which is why they allegedly don't go well together. However she wasn't sure if it was the truth. 

After having spoken about my relationship for most of lunch, I diverted my attention to her relationship. Very interested in how she wrapped things up with Charles. She had explained to me that they had spoken a lot, on different occasions, and had now definitely decided to be good friends. Nothing more, nothing less. No more sex. Charles had responded very sweetly, when Charlotte had explained to him that she just couldn't do casual sex. And in all honesty, he had confessed he wasn't really a person for that either. Let's just say it was a good thing they talked when they did, because else too many feelings would've gotten involved. 

Getting home from my lunch with Charlotte, I feel energised. Needing to get the excess energy out, I change into work out clothes. Running through the streets of Monaco is something I'd never really get bored off. But if I'm completely honest, I enjoyed it a lot more while I was able to do so with Lando. 

It was this little thing we had grown used to while we were together. If I'd have to do an extra workout, or if I had the excess energy like today, I'd join him in whatever cardio training he'd have. 

I had seen on Instagram that Lando was spending time in England with family and friends, while preparing for the Canadian Grand Prix. Yet somehow, I did end up running past his apartment. As I had expected, there was no sign of anyone present in the unit. I continued running, only to bump into someone fairly soon after running away from his apartment.