TWENTY-ONE

Lando's POV

"Can't we just skip the rest of this?" I ask Jona, who's my media person. She's been guiding me from interview to interview, and it seemed to be even more exhausting than it usually is. Every single news outlet keeps bugging me about the falling out I had with Pierre during last week. I know it was to be expected, but it gets annoying pretty quickly. 

It even hurts. It hurts to know that what happened was over Aimee, it hurts that we're on a break. We did have a bit of contact earlier this week, but we both know it's for the better if we don't talk too much. We both need to sort our feelings out, even if I've already done so. 

I was pretty quick to realise that I do in fact love her. I was convinced of that when I was sat in a room with Pierre. Something both of our team bosses had orchestrated, as they did not approve of such falling out. While we had already spoken, this was definitely needed. It made me realise that he felt pretty guilty about what had happened. He apologised multiple times, and while I didn't really want to apologise, I did it anyway. Knowing very well Zak wouldn't let me leave the room without having apologised. 

"You know you can't. There's only one thing left on the schedule though. The group press conference." I look down at my phone, Aimee's probably on stage right now. I just can't help but referring things back to what ever she's supposed to be doing right now. 

"Fine," I sigh. "Who's with me in that one?" 

"Uhm. Max, Charles and George." I let my mind go over the names, that's not too bad. But wait, aren't there usually five of us? I can feel my heart rate rising a bit, as I'm realising she's probably keeping a name from me. 

"Who's the fifth?" I look at her demanding, not taking no for an answer. 

"They told me it's best if I didn't say." 

"Jona." I almost beg her, I need to mentally prepare if it's him in there. 

"Fine but I didn't tell you. It's Pierre." 

I can feel my heart rate rising even further. Although, I believe nothing happened between him and Aimee, I am not ready to be sat in an interview room with him. 

"Can you at least make sure we're not seated directly next to each other?" 

"You know I can't Lando. That's up to the press coordinator of the FIA." 

I sigh again, grabbing my water bottle from the table we're sat on and storming off. I need to calm myself down, before the pain that is this press conference will happen. 

As I'm frantically walking through the paddock, I'm deciding where to go. 

Maybe Red Bull? Go and find Daniel or Max, hope they well help me. They've been very supportive all along. 

Ferrari? I know Carlos will help me, but then there's Charles who's definitely on Pierre's side. 

Why are we choosing sides again? 

We shouldn't be. 

I eventually find myself entering my own drivers room. Sitting down on the small couch I have situated in there, I try to calm myself down.