𝙖𝙟𝙖𝙭 𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙪𝙨 › accident

Ajax had been acting up lately, he wasn't his usual self and you knew it.

The past two weeks had been painful, whenever you talked to him, he would be dull and cold.

You thought at first that you had done something, but you couldn't come up with anything.

Maybe rumours had gone around about you, yet none of your friends had talked about it. He also rarely visited your dorm anymore.

You had asked Xavier about him, but he didn't have a clue.

The worst thoughts came to mind, that maybe he didn't like you. It drove you insane, as you wondered what the problem was.

The two of you were decent friends, you'd nearly do anything together. Even other students were confused.

Yet there were other thoughts, that maybe he was stressed and needed space. Or he was seeing someone else.

-

You were currently sat at your desk, as you wrote about a story. You had been planning on writing it for a while now, it was a mix of mystery and romance.

You tapped your pen on the desk, while you thought about things to add. You were so focused on it, that you didn't even realise the knocking at your door.

"I-.. Come in!" You shouted, but your expression softened when the person walked into the room.

Neither of you said anything, as you looked at Ajax silently. He shut the door behind him and gazed down at his hands.

".. What are you doing here?" You asked and crossed your arms against your chest.

He sighed and itched the back of his neck. "Y/n- I just came to see you."

Ajax was speechless, he opened his mouth again but no words seemed to come out.
"After 2 weeks. What's been going on with you?" You frowned.

He walked closer to you and leaned against the wall, which was right next to your desk.
"I've just been busy that's all."

"Busy?" You scoffed, as you shook your head and averted your gaze from him.

He looked at you with confusion, wondering what you were annoyed about.
"You couldn't even drop me a message, or say it to my face. Instead, you were just cold and distant towards me."

You stood up from your desk, as you closed the book. His eyes were trailed on you, while you walked to sit down on your bed.

"Do I have to tell you everything? I mean, we hang out most days." He said.

"Yeah we do, so it came as a bit of a surprise to me when my best friend ignored me for ages!" You raised your voice.

You noticed his jaw clench, as he stormed over to you. "I'm sorry okay? I don't know what you want from me."

"I want you to be honest with me! I thought you were pissed at me or something." You explained and ran a hand through your hair.

Ajax groaned and rested his hands on his face for a moment, before looking at you again.
"Okay whatever." He muttered.

"What that's it?" You said.

"What else is there to talk about, I was busy!" He shouted.

"What were you doing huh? You only hangout with me and Xavier-"

"-if you really want to know that bad, I was hanging out with a girl." He cut you off.

You felt your heart ache as you nodded. "Oh." You whispered.